• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I was managing around 14'10"/mile for much of the way, but I wanted to get something for my tea so I made a detour to the small Tesco. But they didn't have it in stock, so I carried on to the big Tesco up the road, which did. This dawdling in shops slowed me down a bit, but the detours added an extra third of a mile to the walk.

So I seem to be in decent training for my walk to the health centre tomorrow morning

Comment

Just realised I haven't had the fire on all day

I didn't turn it on out of habit in the morning because the now-dry laundry was in the way, and I was in a rush to investigate cojak's mod problem. Although the laundry is now put away, it hasn't yet felt cold enough to remind me. It's around 19°C in here at the moment, so I might put it on if it starts getting colder than that later.

Comment

I saw it for a moment but then I lost it...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            You saw the whole of the moon!

(yes I know but that's what popped into my head)

Comment

Tea: steak & kidney Pukka pie, chips, peas, and gravy. Lovely stuff

And the fire is now on, as I laundered the second mattress topper - I have two, used in rotation, and the currently-unused one is now drying on the clotheshorse so it's ready to be deployed when I change the bed, probably at the weekend

Who knows, I may even summon up the energy to wash the one that's currently in use straight away, rather than leaving it to fester for ages

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Tea: steak & kidney Pukka pie, chips, peas, and gravy. Lovely stuff
                And a hot chocolate brownie with salted caramel ice cream too? Well, why not; I'll walk it off tomorrow

Comment

Tonight's viewing was a bit of Trucking Hell while dining, then later S2E3 of The Americans, The Walk-In

Early night now, for tomorrow morning I go in search of The Vaccine

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

And some of it is because people use the forums differently to me or admin or, it seems, many other people; and none of those people played with the test forum

I'm my defence, I've been hammering ServiceNow (eek is right btw) for the last 3 months and couldn't face doing the same thing in my down-time...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning denizens

A thin overcast out, though it looks like it's already starting to break up. There was a little rain overnight, but it seems to have dried out now. Currently 8°C, rising to 11° later; 1014/1022mB

My internal clock woke me a few times during the night to reassure me it wasn't yet time to get up

But it did its thing to get me up in time to get ready for my vaccine appointment, so all is forgiven

Setting off in ten minutes or so

Comment

Working...
                      X