• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to ask if it's possible to get copies of the images taken by the MRI machine.

Bra had to come off but I wore clothes that meant it was easy to whip out without getting undressed. With my coat on, no-one was going to spot any extra jiggle as I walked home.

Comment

And I did the one mile walk down in 16m17s, a new record The traffic was on my side, I have to say.

It took 20 minutes coming back but there were also idiots I had to avoid.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

When I headed out the back to set off, there was a chap about to depart thence in a car who beckoned me over. He explained that he was from the council, and had just been inspecting the back wall between our yard and next door's (not the doctor's, the other side), and he was going to condemn it

He then added that "the property you've just come from" was also going to be condemned

Then, seeing my expression, he hastily explained that he didn't mean the house, but the old stable-or-whatever-it-is at the back of our yard, from the side of which I'd emerged

Turns out that's just because the roof thereof extends over the back passage to the offending wall, and it probably won't actually have to be knocked down or anything, just have its roof trimmed or whatever they do. That's handy, as I use the presence or absence of frost, snow, or rain on its roof as an indicator of weather conditions whilst making my coffee in the morning

The wall in question has been bowing towards next door quite severely all the time I've been here, and for several years I've suspected it's getting worse. I'm now very cautious about accidentally banging the wheelybin against its base when trundling, as it seems like one hefty nudge might be enough to topple the whole thing; and I have idly wondered what the results might be for the roof of the alleyway, if it fell while I was halfway along there.

But I'm hoping they might restore it rather than just knocking it down. It's old Victorian brick, obviously been there since the place was built, so it has a bit of character. Unfortunately, although this is a conservation area, that only seems to apply to the front bits that everyone can see, so the council will only order it to be knocked down, and landlords being what they are, it might just be swept away and replaced with a crappy fence or something

Anyway, I texted the landlord/manager chap to let him know what was afoot. It's worth reminding him now and again that I provide useful intelligence live and direct, as it keeps me in his good books

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Had to give up on my little old van, not worth repairing. Be sad to loose him. Am I the only one daft enough to get attached to inanimate things?
          Nope.

I generally wash & clean mine before they go to the scrappy.

Which is slightly odd.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A rather late lunch was had of Heinz Chicken and Mushroom soup. Somewhat uninspiring so I won't be getting that again.

Comment

This was an entertaining (and interesting) read - I want to see the film now.

The pyramids were never this hard: how Land of the Pharaohs made Joan Collins and broke Howard Hawks

Hopefully not behind a paywall, you may just have to have a Torygraph account.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                This was an entertaining (and interesting) read - I want to see the film now.

The pyramids were never this hard: how Land of the Pharaohs made Joan Collins and broke Howard Hawks

Hopefully not behind a paywall, you may just have to have a Torygraph account.
                Excellent stuff

Comment

dinner was steak pie<pukka>, chips <auntie> and peas<the cap'n>
                  and a nice Rioja, of course.
                  winding up the SA's in general was nice today.
                  I'm sure the Grand SA will be along to banish me to the nether kingdoms in due time.
                  but hey, you gotta do summat to stay sane

Comment

I'm pretty sure sanity is overrated.

I had a go at a corned beef hash. Not purely traditional as I had some random veg that also needed using up so it had a bit of green pepper and cabbage in amongst the meat and 'tatoes.

I couldn't be bothered to top it with an egg, and I regret my laziness.

Comment

things are better with an egg on top.

Eggontop's good food guide says so

Comment

Working...
                      X