• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Sunday's vaccing and tomorrow's vaccing accomplished at one stroke, with stuff moved in the "living room" that hasn't been moved since the last time I moved it to vacc underneath.

Haven't found any treasures but there you go.

Some of the piles that got moved were books destined for charity emporia once I get A Round Tuit, like.

Much the same goes for the pile of dvds in the kitchen, if such it might be termed.

More pears stewed, though a goodly number had passed the nanosecond of ripeness into the weeks of rottenness, which was a pity.

Not keeping enough of an eye on said comestibles, which is rather a pity.

Never mind, the compost heap is that much fuller.

It's very grey here with occasional hints of sunshine.

<hiatus>

Not to mention the rain.

AND THE FECKING HAMMERING NEXT DOOR.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 October 2020, 14:22.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Occasionally sunny here now

Comment

Late lunch: ham, pea and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

Lunch (earlier but I forgot): Heinz pea and ham soup, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, blackcurrant sandwich on same, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I forgot the yellow corner yog but look forward to that later.

Fed up with cooking Sunday dinners which I've done week in week out for half a century so I'm having fish again tomorrow.

Dunno if it'll be kedgeree or sommat else.

I suspect it may turn out to be a very fishy week.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Fed up with cooking Sunday dinners which I've done week in week out for half a century so I'm having fish again tomorrow.

Dunno if it'll be kedgeree or sommat else.

I suspect it may turn out to be a very fishy week.
            End of an era!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              End of an era!
              End of days!

Comment

Chips, sausage and beans for dinner.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea: spag (an unfortunate admixture of wholemeal and quick cook) with the first sample of the new batch of bol (being the one made with 5% fat beef mince), together seemed remarkably meh all in all, not helped by there being rather too much spag, yellow corner yog, stewed pears (sans custard, the only really enjoyable part of the whole fecking meal), and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Copycat (1995)"* with that Sigourney Weaver and Holly Hunter, set in San Francisco.

Amusing enough in a bog standard serial killer type thing.

Now: "Bone Detectives: Buried Secrets" on 4 being an investigation of some 3 skeletons found in a priory in Cheshire.

One poor sod had Paget's disease of bone.

And another one had it too.

To be followed by "Wales' Black Miners" on BBC2W at 21:15.

* I have 3 copies of this, as is only right & proper.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 October 2020, 19:28.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Dinner was a fine St Veran, followed by a Mâcon-Villages. Burgundy in a bottle, shared with the Blonde.

Food was not on the menu this evening.
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X