• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's tea, rather late due to lack of organisation, has been an extremely nice roast chicken dinner, starring the Big Chicken

And the chicken lived up to its name - I hoiked it out from behind the others on the shelf because the ones at the back had later use-by dates, but conversely it was harder to see what size they were. But I got very lucky as it's a fine, sturdy fowl

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Not really, it's running on a selection of extension leads at the moment, until I steal the cable from next door.

Just poor quality bulbs from B&Q IIRC.

The poorest quality bulbs ever were the ten 100W rough service bulbs from Maplin, "Everready" make, all of which were crap, a couple exploded out of the fitting, and at least 6 had a lifetime of about 5 seconds each.

Entertainment: "The curious life & death of Brian Jones" on Smithsonian, followed by "The curious life & death of a Titanic child".

Then it's on to "Alien Resurrection".
        In the last house we had a 4 way spotlight fitting in the office that regularly used to fire the bulbs across the room with a loud bang for no apparent reason. Once we ran out of bulbs I binned it and replaced with a nice LED one.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Watching The Diagnostic Detectives and observed that the bloke with the seizures and his wife, when down in London for his diagnosis, were staying at the Holborn Premier Inn on Red Lion Street, where I stay when down there for the Boring Conference (and sometimes other events)

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            In the last house we had a 4 way spotlight fitting in the office that regularly used to fire the bulbs across the room with a loud bang for no apparent reason. Once we ran out of bulbs I binned it and replaced with a nice LED one.
            LED and NICE?

Does not compute: Syntax Error!

Entertainment(continued): Alien Resurrected.

Not as poor as I remembered, but it was the Special Edition which may explain it.

I'll watch the rest of the Theatrical Release tomorrow whilst listening to the commentary with the subtitles turned on for the film itself.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Must almost be TFBSZ

Comment

Really ought to get in here a bit more and see how you folk are doing.

Comment

After all I'm the only contractor at my place AFAIK

Comment

With the septics it's hard to tell sometimes

Comment

Have at least managed five months here now. In theory I have seven more - just need to see whether I can stand it. Can feel my skills rusting up by the day.

I've managed to fit in a project management course in this week to relieve the tedium a little.

Comment

Working...
                      X