• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

And then lunch: chicken and barley soup, with wholemeal bread

Comment

Lunch was sausages, baked beans and waffles.
      with lashings of manly HP sauce.
      and earl grey tea.
      bed changed, bedding washed and hung.
      new bookcase assembled.*
      new ring bolt fitted to lofthatch.*

oh, and garden waste bin retreived from half way down the feckin road!

phew.
      jacob's now.
      time for a small genever, i think.

*with new drill/driver, purchsed 'cos the old battery won't charge and i can't get a replacement.
      i HATE thowing away perfectly good tools because of lack of industry standards.
      n
      Last edited by BR14; 12 September 2020, 15:29.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Looks like her next door, being a nurse & all, has picked up CV19.

She's gone off for a test now just.
        They're in quarantine.

Dunno if the test has come back positive but I've been asked to get some fecking cat food for the overweight fat little cat.

Fecking gourmet crap at that.

No wonder the fecking thing is fat.

Unlike he who would be Strangelove Mog who eats what he gets given.

In other news, 3 lawns mown and the front hedge trimmed.

I'm totally wiped out and knackered.

Dunno why the big lawn was so hard to cut today.

Must be the moss.

Walk walked.

Dry & sunny.

Mowed six lawns, including the newly planted ones which were getting rather long.
        Which was 23 days ago.

And 20 days before that:

Duly extracted, with five lawns mown.

Even got the strimmer out for the 2nd time this year.

It must be said that the new lawn is much more lush, green and vigorous than the existing lawns.

The front lawn looks like a disaster area.

It really needs some attention.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        *with new drill/driver, purchsed 'cos the old battery won't charge and i can't get a replacement.
        i HATE thowing away perfectly good tools because of lack of industry standards.
        n
        But, but, but there is an industry standard: no battery pack from one maker shall fit the equipment from another maker.

Simples.

The best electric screwdriver I ever bought was one of the original B&D ones, but even that died eventually.

There's a B&D cordless drill, detail sander and jigsaw in the front room, all of which work aside from the unobtainium battery packs, which are so cunningly designed that you can't even take them to bits to replace the cells.

Ho hum.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 September 2020, 15:45.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dinner tonight with an longstanding friend from Nice. La Trinquette on the terrace. Last night, the live Jazz there went on until 11pm. Highly recommended for visitors to V s Mer.

Not a Russian in sight this year, pretty much French only...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            Not a Russian in sight this year, pretty much French only...
            They're all busy in the White House

Comment

A trip to the dump was completed, just the one thing dropped off but it all helps. They were doing residency checks as this is a local tip for local people. We blagged our way in and were told to "bring evidence" in future!

Then off to See Woo Asian cash n carry for lots of forrin foodstuffs. I picked up some green sriracha as a nice change from the red stuff.

Lunch was a kimchi based soup HWMBO had left over from lunches he'd made for the kids in the week.

Comment

Pub garden visited.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea: wholemeal spag () with bol out of the freezer, the chilli having given it a satisfying bite, stewed pears & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I wondered if I'd manage to finish the rather generous portion of spag that I'd cooked, but in the end it all got eaten.

Entertainment: considering how knackered I am, it had better be sommat with a bit of go in it or it'll be which is never a good thing before bed time.

The new neighbours have truly & utterly destroyed Marian's treasured trees and bushes, which is a bit sad.

Some of them may recover but a fair few are beyond recall.

I've never seen anyone prune stuff with a hatchet before.

Other than me pruning the fecking ivy growing up the side of the garage.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

As the next version of macOS is due to go on general release any day, I've decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to the version it replaces, though only on the MBA for now. I figure they've probably got the worst of the bugs out of it now it's been around for a year or so

Comment

The new neighbours have truly & utterly destroyed Marian's treasured trees and bushes, which is a bit sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X