• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Entertainment: considering how knackered I am, it had better be sommat with a bit of go in it or it'll be which is never a good thing before bed time.
    "Predator (1987)" with that Arnie chap.

"Predator 2 (1990)" with that Danny Glover chap, in some ways a more inneresting film than the first, and set in 1997.

I started watching the first with the commentary but it was so dry & the commenter seemed so bored with it (think the voice over in the original version of "Blade Runner") that I turned it off.

Found a French documentary about Clint Eastwood on BBC Alba which was inneresting in having subtitles for the French guys waffling on, and subtitles for the bits in Gaelic.

Quite surreal in its way but there you go.

The French loved all his stuff after "Bird" since that gained their approval and made him an auteur, whatever the feck that is.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      Don't eat my Geoffrey Boycatt. He might still be in the freezer [emoji1787]
      Ah.

"Rittle Tiger".

Which reminds me I have to go shopping tomorrow morning since I haven't defrosted any meat.

Plus I have to buy cat food for the quarantined lot next door.

Comment

I enjoyed the Predator films but, I have to say, the AvP films were very enjoyable.

Comment

Still going live...
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Still going downhill...
            FTFY!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              FTFY!

I wish. Then I’d be skiing.

Nearly done for the day. Can’t wait to see the (notably absent) PM’s face when I submit my timesheet.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                I wish. Then I’d be skiing.

Nearly done for the day. Can’t wait to see the (notably absent) PM’s face when I submit my timesheet.
                One time at a pub I used to work at, the newly-promoted manager asked us to all pitch in working through the night after closing to give the place an exceptionally deep clean, so we did. As the newly-promoted assistant manager, I'd been there since early afternoon (we didn't open on lunchtimes in the week). The following week, the woman who processed the timesheets for the owners at their restaurant over the road phoned over to the pub saying she assumed there was a mistake on the timesheets, and I very much enjoyed assuring her that no, there was no mistake, I had in fact worked from one in the afternoon until eleven the following morning with only a couple of half-hour breaks, and was surprised the owners hadn't told her they'd approved this in advance

Comment

Tonight's movie premiere was Official Secrets (2019), which I thought was very good. It's not easy to make an exciting scene from lawyers sitting around a table discussing whether to seek disclosure of government documents, but this film achieved that, and more

Rewatches rather than premieres after that, starting with Flightplan (2005), which may play fast and loose with all known principles of the economics of airliner architecture but is nonetheless a pretty good thriller

And finally, as the good doctor had reminded me of it by watching it the other night, Phone Booth (2002). The last time I watched this I must have been in one of my moods as I was a bit put out by some aspects of the cinematography, but this time I didn't give a tulip about any of that and enjoyed it all the more

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Dry.

Grey. Very very grey.

White sky. Dark white at that.

Sunless.

Warmer at 18.7 deg in here.

1020 mBar on the barometer with an unvarying 70% RH.

Failed to return to sleep so it was up like a lark at 07:15 ish.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 September 2020, 07:19.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X