• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Oh well, lasted longer than expected. Have I missed something that justifies the excessive banning of said user?
    Depends what you mean by "justifies"

Comment

Oh well, lasted longer than expected. Have I missed something that justifies the excessive banning of said user?
      I suspect it's a mod looking at the system and not what he actual intended to do.

Now I'm not saying said mod is incompetent but it requires a certain amount of something to actual ban your own account...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Bit more gardening done.

I was beginning to think that NAT wasn't a complete & utter twat.

Just changed my mind again.

Tea: Tesco chunky battered cod (not haddock according to the packet, my mistake), stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Anyone got any idea what the Downing St. uglymother****er has had done in his operation?

Is it painful?

Certainly hope so.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It looks deceptively pleasant out there, which led me to have the windows open all afternoon and now it's starting to feel a little chilly in here

Feels like the fire'll be getting lit again before too long.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Tea: Tesco chunky battered cod (not haddock according to the packet, my mistake), stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
            And very nice the pears and custard was.

Entertainment: "Saving Private Ryan (1998)".

I hope Lenny Henry's thing on R4 is funnier this week than it was last.

<hiatus>

It wasn't.

<click>

It's 19.7 deg in here, but for some reason it feels much warmer than a couple of days ago.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 September 2020, 17:45.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Watching The Sweeny on ITV4 while waiting for TdF highlights to come on.

It's very poor but oddly charming.

Comment

Nearly jumped out of my skin when the room was suddenly filled with a flickering flame-like light which just as suddenly vanished

Yes, it's the time of the year when the setting sun does a kind of Stonehenge thing down the side road a few doors along and reflects off the upper deck windows of buses as they pass by

Comment

Watching The Sweeny on ITV4 while waiting for TdF highlights to come on.

It's very poor but oddly charming.
                  Ooh, I haven't watched The Sweeney in a while! I've got it all on DVD. It's quite variable, but there's some cracking episodes

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Ooh, I haven't watched The Sweeney in a while! I've got it all on DVD. It's quite variable, but there's some cracking episodes
                    It was the tail end of S3E8: Sweet Smell of Succession

"Following the death of one of London's leading villains, Regan gets involved in gangland warfare."

Comment

Dinner is some duck casserole, from the HWMBO freezer stash, with roasties.

Stuffed.

Comment

Working...
                      X