• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TdF watched.

Dinner eaten.

Apparently the Scottish Government are being advised by Data, who has told them what to do regarding CV19. Good to see there's life after TNG.

Data has also told us in recent days that we’ve had a number of positive cases amongst people returning from Greece - that’s why we’ve had to add Greece to quarantine list.
    Glasgow coronavirus lockdown: Nicola Sturgeon explains why pubs are not closing | HeraldScotland
    Last edited by ladymuck; 3 September 2020, 21:28. Reason: helps if I quote the source of my witterings for context

Comment

The was chicken jalfrezi, rice and naan; very tasty

That was the last of the packet of basmati rice I got from the Co-op back at the start of things, when Sainsbury's and even the Indian supermarket had run out but the Co-op for some reason had a few packets left. I still had most of the then-active packet sitting in the cupboard, so that probably counts as panic buying; but it's all gone now, so panic over

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Entertainment: "Castaway" with that Thomas Hanks chap.

Except it's a 2 dvd pack and dvd 1 is missing :suicide.

Scrap that.

"The Green Mile (1999)" with that Thomas Hanks chap.
        And very good it was too.

Mr Hanks & Mr Duncan did a fine job.

It really is a cruel and unusual way to execute someone.

Positively barbaric.

Much as one might expect from SepticLand.

That's the 2nd time a dual dvd set that's turned out to only have the one dvd in it.

The other is a set with Colonel Blimp (which I already had) and "A Matter of Life and Death".

Naturally enough it was the dvd of the one I didn't have that was missing.

Just like the funniest Pink Panther dvd was missing from that set.

Oh woe is me, woe woe and thrice woe.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Apparently the Scottish Government are being advised by Data, who has told them what to do regarding CV19. Good to see there's life after TNG.
        As I understand it Data's head is currently in San Francisco according to one or other of the TNG eps.

It's sad that I should remember that.

TFBSZ.

Time's Arrow (Star Trek: The Next Generation) - Wikipedia
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 September 2020, 22:59.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Cast Away (which I gather is the correct form of the title, though I always think of it as Castaway) is exceptionally good, I thought, so you shouldn't hesitate to invest a further 50p should you come across another copy

Tonight's retro viewing here started with Silent Running (1972). I first saw this on 27 December 1977, and do you know, I'm not sure I've seen it again since until tonight? It was on the BBC again in 1983, 1991, 1993, 1997, 1999, and 2000; but I don't think any of those broadcasts coincided with a time when I had a TV, or was likely to be at home at the right time to watch TV. Anyway, like many films of that time it's showing its age a bit now, but it's still pretty good; and the essentials of the story had stayed with me for over forty years, so they definitely got something right

And after that, a couple of episodes of The Sopranos: S2E3 Toodle-*******-Oo (TV Episode 2000) and S2E4 Commendatori (TV Episode 2000)

Sounds like some noisy drunks are upset about something outside. I miss early April when the street was utterly deserted at this time of night

Goodnight all

Comment

Silent running is a great fillum.
            I still remember it from sometime in the '70's

Comment

Morning all
              quite bright in shiny sarf herts.
              TFIF.
              I think i'll sleep all day tomorrow.

Comment

Morning all

As BR14 said, TFIF. No lie in for me tomorrow, I'm up to the hairdressers at 9am. I always preferred the early appointments, especially more so now.

Dry and bright out but overcast. Currently 14 degrees with a forecast high of 19 and it'll remain cloudy all day. 50% chance of rain this evening. Barometer up to 1020 mBar.

First coffee nearly finished.

Comment

Morning all
                  Blue skies out there. Might go down to the beach for a walk.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If you want a laugh https://twitter.com/nameshiv/status/1301521850552315904
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Top find, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X