• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bells on Sunday
    Reindeer are interesting animals
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tonight's first fillum was The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006), which is an absolute pile of tulipe.

Next up was Fast & Furious 7 (2015) which is better. At least they'd started constructing decent plots by then
      There were plots?

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      Bells on Sunday
      Reindeer are interesting animals
      Ain't they just.

And they can see UV unlike monkeys. <- see wot I did there? Geddit?

There was a bit about Gower but I was just waking up when that bit was on.

Dark.

Grey.

No current precipitation but it was pissing down 10 minutes ago.

Oh, wait, it's pissing down again.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Warm at 17.7 deg in here.

1007 mBar, 29.74" Hg, 60% RH.

Sunday judging by the output of the wireless, said output will be even more confusing on Friday but there you jolly well go, rejoicing or otherwise.

<hiatus>

Tesco & Morrisons visited for the last Sunday shop before Xmas.

Bit busier than usual.

Lunch: roast beef, we shall see how this week's roasting method results, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

If it stays fine, with blue skies and sunshine, a walk is pencilled in for later.

<hiatus>

The beef turned out rather well, might do it that way again, choc chip mint icecream, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The blue sky has disappeared & the grey has returned along with the deluge.

Add a couple of chocoleibnitz biscuity things to the above.

In other news, the blue sky is back.

<hiatus>

Grey and raining again.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

In intermittent sunshine.

Freecell score: don't ask.

Tea: Ginsters Vegan Moroccan pasty, Heinz chicken and sweetcorn soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, Morrisons mince pie, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "The man who invented Xmas (2017)" being a drama of sorts about C. Dickens and Mr Scrooge.

Thing about the real C. Dickens.

Oak Island nutjobs: they find more wood in the uplands.

They think they've found shaft 5.

Gary finds another spike and another another spike spike.

Now they're getting the results from the seismic survey earlier in the year.

There's a linear anomaly in the uplands at about 60 feet down.

More or less where they found some wood a couple of weeks ago.

?Flood tunnel?

Now they've hired a big feck off excavator with an extra long arm.

Billy's got the hole down to 50 feet or so.

More wood.

And there's water flooding in.

And lo! the hole starts caving in, so they're back filling.

Next: The Eye of the swamp.

Meanwhile at Lot 17: Gary finds something.

It's a chunk of lead.

In the swamp they're finding blue clay.

And a tree stump.

Gary finds an iron rod in the tree stump.

Meanwhile two iron spikes are taken for elemental analysis at the university.

There's phosphorus in the iron of the spike.

In the eye of the swamp they find some massive boulders.

Next week they find more wood and what looks like "a tunnel going that way".
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 December 2020, 21:58.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky and fluffy clouds. A bit of damp on the ground (I think I heard rain in the wee hours). Currently 7 degrees and expected to reach 11. Small chance of a shower this morning but otherwise it's going to be a nice day with rain overnight (the best time to have rain IMO). Barometer up to 1011 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        Cardiff is declared the capital city of Wales, United Kingdom 1955

Happy 65th birthday!
        Last edited by ladymuck; 20 December 2020, 10:19. Reason: darn typos

Comment

morning

CBSwFB this morning
          not too King Billy though.
          a real Sunday today, as opposed to the virtual ones every other day

Comment

Morning.

It is now bright and sunny.

High of 10 degrees and it is currently 10 according to weather app.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Flat hoovered. A proper hoovering too with skirting boards and edges done and furniture moved.

Effing new activity tracker said I did just 320 steps and no active minutes. I miss my old fitbit.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

The meat from Scotland arrived today after all, but managed not to get nicked in the twenty minutes or so it was loitering in the front porch

Overcast out, but dry; 8°C, pressure either 999 or 1010mB depending on how you look at it

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Flat hoovered. A proper hoovering too with skirting boards and edges done and furniture moved.

Effing new activity tracker said I did just 320 steps and no active minutes. I miss my old fitbit.
                  "Now with Artificial Intelligence that detects the performance of a woman's work and gives you no credit for it!"

Comment

"Now with Artificial Intelligence that detects the performance of a woman's work and gives you no credit for it!"

Comment

well, obviously.
                      can't be having wimmin closing green/blue/ any old colour rings, 'cos then the work would be done.
                      and, as we know, - a woman's work is never done.

Comment

Working...
                      X