• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I decided to get it out of the way now, as it looks like it'll get chilly quite rapidly this evening

The Moon is hanging around in the ESE, with Mars above and a little to the east of it

And the emergency lights on the hall and landing have been replaced with new ones. The old units had a little lamp in them, red as I recall, to indicate that they were connected to the mains. The new ones have a much brighter green lamp serving the same purpose, which casts an excellent, ghastly green light over the place, as if the premises were illuminated by bioluminescent jellyfish

I suppose at Christmas one could imagine it looks festive, but for now it's more like a late Hallowe'en

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Got the blade off the circular saw so I have sommat to compare when I go to B&Q in a little while
      B&Q visited.

7 bags of concrete mix purchased along with a multimaterial blade for the late Strangelove Pater's circular saw (the el cheapo one not the nice expensive one that got nicked out of the shed that time).

4 bags of concrete mix duly mixed and installed in the appropriate places in the tin shed.

Was rather upset to find that the large spider who's been in said shed for weeks and who I've studiously avoided disturbing seems to have disappeared and the web was all scrunched up.

Sommat else must have got her last night.

Having cleaned all the tools & put stuff away, it was time for:

Tea: the scrapings of the bone from Sunday's roast leg of lamb with carrots and onions, some icecream (that litre has gone Really Quickly) and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the remaining documentary on the "Gettysburg (1993)" dvd.

The dvd is a flipper which you don't see very often these days though I've got a fair few.

Unusually there's stuff on BBC1 I may watch: Tudur Owen's TV Flashback, and The Repair shop.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I decided to get it out of the way now, as it looks like it'll get chilly quite rapidly this evening

The Moon is hanging around in the ESE, with Mars above and a little to the east of it

And the emergency lights on the hall and landing have been replaced with new ones. The old units had a little lamp in them, red as I recall, to indicate that they were connected to the mains. The new ones have a much brighter green lamp serving the same purpose, which casts an excellent, ghastly green light over the place, as if the premises were illuminated by bioluminescent jellyfish

I suppose at Christmas one could imagine it looks festive, but for now it's more like a late Hallowe'en
        Is it to ensure you can't see your veins in there?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Reading the local council email. Apparently it is not OK to beat up and racially abuse the parking attendants.

Living a few minutes from some schools and nurseries I've not seen one beaten up in a good few years. Last time a guy was beaten up and racially abused by a badly and selfishly parked mum the school made it widely known if any parent did that the similar their child would be forced out of the school.

Comment

Panorama on how shared ownership is a con due to service charges.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Did you suck out her brains, like one does with a king prawn?
              Nah. She didn't have any.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Is it to ensure you can't see your veins in there?
                That may be a beneficial side effect, but AFIK it's something about proving that the lights are ready to come on should there be a power failure, or something like that. (Not entirely sure, though.)

Comment

Dinner was potato wedges and chicken wings/legs in spicy hot sauce.

Finger lickin'!

Comment

Tea has been a big bowl of lamb scouse, with sesame bloomer

Comment

Hmm... is tipsy on a Weds night not cool?

Comment

Working...
                      X