• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    That didn't last long, normal service has resumed:

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Grey.

Sunless.

Drizzly.
    Guess who put the bedding wash on in the ludicrous hope of drying stuff on the washing line.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, with some thin wisps of high cloud

Cold out, mind: about 3°C, though it's rapidly climbing to the day's target of 8° now. Thick frost on the roof of the lean-to against the old stable out the back is just starting to disperse

Comment

Morning

Cold, crisp and sunny

Refuse team out early. Wondering if they will bother to empty the recycling bins...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Walk walked.

It stayed dry, if somewhat damp, with a lot of spilled diesel on the road.

Managed to get rid of two coal scuttles to a neighbour.

Not much use to me being completely sans chimbley these days, as is next door both ways.

Lunch: poached tomato (rather overlarge) and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkins seed toast (not crust), bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Now off to see if the sheets are done in the TD.

Comment

Scotch broth and wholemeal bread for lunch

Still sunny out, but chilly with it

Comment

A little tale of how well pandemic control measures are going in the northwest.

My Mum was just telling me about a phone call this morning with an old friend of hers up on Merseyside. Another mutual acquaintance, who apparently lived up the street from the house where I was born though of course I don't remember her, has recently picked up coronavirus while she was in hospital; in fact, she was discharged last week and then just after she got home, the hospital phoned to tell her the test she'd had a day or so before had come back positive, so she has to self-isolate for a couple of weeks.

My Mum asked after her, and the friend said that she was feeling very weak and tired, because it really takes it out of you. She then added: "But she was able to go for a walk this morning."

My Mum: "She WHAT?!"

"Yes, she managed to go for a walk; just around the block. And she needed to go the cash machine, and get a few things from the shop."

Comment

Nice vapour trail in the clear blue sky showing a slight course correction by United Airlines flight 900 (Heathrow to San Francisco) as it passed overhead at 36,000 feet

Comment

Enough with the CBS already.

Grey grey grey grey drizzle grey grey grey.

Just reorganized the gallon into a pint pot living room.

And I've just realised I've not quite finished yet.

There's a shedload of stuff in here there really is.

Found some photos of the renovation (aka a polite term for gutting) of the parents' house which brought back some memories.

2 years ago now.

Time goes quick when you're enjoying yersen.

Comment

The Tado sent by my landlady has arrived.

Damn thing won't pair

She also sent only one thermometer which means all the heating in the flat will be driven from the room where the boiler is located due to it needing to be wired in to switch the boiler on and off. This is in my office which is generally several degrees colder than the rest of the flat.

Comment

Working...
                      X