• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

About as cold as yesterday at 18.4 deg in here.

1017 mBar on the barometer, the unshifting 70% RH. I think that dial is borked.

Blue/white sky which I suppose indicates thin high cloud.

Saturday judging by the unlistenable crap emitted by the wireless.

Some Earl or other is waffling on about his sister.

And some other chap was thanking a porter (remember porters?) on Liverpool station for getting him a seat in the Pullman dining car (remember Pullman trains?) when he missed the earlier train to London to watch the World Cup Final in 1966. (Remember 1966?).

Originally posted by eek View Post
    +1 - waiting for Mrs Eek to head off out so I can write a blog post on exactly why I open sourced something yesterday in a hurry - yes it was to shaft someone but the main reason is contained in this picture

Who wants to live forever?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

+1 - waiting for Mrs Eek to head off out so I can write a blog post on exactly why I open sourced something yesterday in a hurry - yes it was to shaft someone but the main reason is contained in this picture

Bad hair day, Connor?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Or "You've made a mistake Terminator, I'm Connor MacLeod not John Connor so stop pointing that long slide .45 at me".

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Morning all

Who wants to live forever?
          Try the other catchphrase (although its remarkable how many came out of that rather naff film).
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Try the other catchphrase (although its remarkable how many came out of that rather naff film).

"I'm not Spanish, I'm Egyptian." Said in a Scottish accent?

Comment

I apologize for calling your wife a bloated warthog, and I bid you good day.

Comment

Morning

CBSWFB today
                slightly king billy.
                Saturday.

Comment

at all the Highlander gags.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather Simpsonesque out today for a change, though not forecast to get any more than a degree warmer than the current 17°C

Comment

For the first time since 1945 (or "in living memory" as the local rag put it), the Neath Fair is cancelled.

I'd have thunk quite a lot of people can still remember 1945, but there you go.

Forgot to mention the encounter with the herring heron in the stream leat towards the top end of my walk.

It looked at me, I looked at it & its nasty sharp pointy eyegouging beak & buggered off the other way, sharpish.

Haven't seen one up there for 25 years or more.

Must have been after frogs.

Walk walked, in fitful sunshine.

Noticed there were a couple of people using the tennis courts, which is unusual these days, but no s using the bowling green.

Speaking of s, I had a senior moment on the trudge and managed to forget where & what the last contract I did was.

Had to load up a trusty floppy diskette on a trusty USB floppy drive to actually find out.

Getting worried now.

"Don't lose your head"?
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 September 2020, 11:44.

Comment

Working...
                      X