• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Dinner is fish fingers, chips and beans!

Waitrose chunky haddock, McCains triple cooked gourmet, Heinz five beans*

* I refuse to use the z on the end that their marketing dept deemed necessary.
    Ooo, get her, Waitrose chunky haddock.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Went to see sister in Herefordshire. Knackered from long drive back. Quite nice yesterday, went for drink with old workmate who lives that way and he showed me round Ludlow.

Don't like long drives any more, can't imagine how I used to do all that driving in contract days
    Yes, that frequently amazes me when I struggle to tolerate the drive to Cardiff and back, which is 70 miles, and remember that at one time I used to drive over 700 miles a week.

How times change.

I rather enjoyed the bus and the train, but they're both out of the question now.

Tea: the last of the roast beef with carrots & onions, stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Had to take an ibuprofen because my shoulder & neck were playing up a lot.

Entertainment: "The Diagnosis Detectives" from last Monday, as recorded on VHS SP this morning at 00:30 and viewed on a 10" crt tv in the box room.

It was bad enough on that, HD on the main tv would have been unbearable.

Followed by the last half of the first cassette of H2G2, the Magarathea bit.

Unfortunately Marvin doesn't sing Pink Floyd in this version, only on the original radio version.

Then the remainder of the director's commentary on "Deception (2000)" which was slightly more inneresting than the film itself.

Which isn't saying much.

WTF is a "Reindeer Game" when it's at home?

It's never explained.

Reindeer games is a colloquial expression generally used for the bullying activities of a clique or for festivities around the Christmas season.
    Oh.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 September 2020, 22:32.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      But one more thing...
      Oi, NF, are you friends IRL with Karen & Keith, or only in the twitterverse?
      Keith's one of my oldest friends, from university days

Karen: only since they started knocking about together and then got married. But that allows her entry into the Inner Circle.

Also, being a Leicester Native, she clues us in on all the stuff that outsiders like me and Keith never get to hear about, like what everyone knew about the Janner and Beck stuff. Leicester really is the biggest village in England

Though I did get to know some details of the Janner/Beck stuff from my time in the licensed trade. I might also know more than her about the local gangster scene twenty-odd years ago, for the same reason; those weren't circles she mixed in, whereas I found myself vaguely acquainted with them through no fault of my own whilst trying to earn an honest living. (Put it this way: regular customers who could stay out until half-past three on a Tuesday night in 1995 weren't having to go to an office at nine in the morning, and people sometimes talk more than they should when they're drunk. No huge revelations, but I gained some insights into that lifestyle.)

Comment

For reasons that elude me, I felt a great urge to rewatch Minority Report (2002). So I did, and I'm still not sure why; it's a great film, but I've never found it great great, if you know what I mean. Still, it's time well enough spent

Also, it provided the answer to the riddle - well, mental confusion - I posted about a few months ago (oh, SPOILER ALERT for those who haven't managed to catch the film in the eighteen years since it was released):

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I’m racking my brains trying to remember a film (or possibly TV show) I saw some time in the last few years. As I recall, it involved somebody (a woman, I think) who had some kind of psychic superpowers, and got roped into some kind of CIA-type stuff because of them. At the end, they were taken by the government to live on an island off the coast of Newfoundland or somewhere really remote like that, because that was far enough away that they were no longer disturbed by everyone else’s thoughts. Something along those lines, anyway. Anybody got any ideas?

Edited to add: I may be wrong about the spy stuff and so on; the bit I remember is them ending up living in the really remote place because of the psychic powers or something like that.
        So that's that sorted out

And after that, a couple more episodes of The Sopranos: S1E8 Full Leather Jacket (TV Episode 2000) and S1E9 From Where to Eternity (TV Episode 2000)

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning

CBS.
          chilly.
          Thursday.
          Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Is eek online?
            Not at that time of night...

Meanwhile it's my 26th wedding anniversary - please send all commiserations to Mrs Eek.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Bonjour mes amis "Les Weirdos" [emoji12]

Hot, humid, moist in Villefranche sur Mer. Early morning coffee at Le Baleine Joyeuse - this has been a habit over 17 years. Traditional walk around the boatyard looking for old familiars and new entries.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Not at that time of night...

Meanwhile it's my 26th wedding anniversary - please send all commiserations to Mrs Eek.
                Equally a mere century - not worth the hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Equally a mere century - not worth the hassle.
                  Millenniums, Palis and especially the one in 10 year Super Palis are however worth going for,

Comment

The wireless just went off as the ubiquitous Amal fecking Rajan is spouting his endless bollocks yet again.

Morning all

Someone is busy shooting on the marsh.

It's not me TWEPing people.

Dry.

Grey.

White sky.

18.4 deg which is about the same as yesterday though it felt colder in bed over night.

The usual return to wakefulness happened at 05:25 as per fecking usual.

But the return to sleepfulness happened quite readily today.

1023 mBar on the barometer, with humidity at 70%, whilst it's 56% in the "office" (to keep the smell of damp at bay).

Thursday by all accounts, the accounts being the Lidl(tm) clock showing "TH".
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It's Thursday and I know this because the meetings started at 0830 and are back to back for a goodly while.

It's a lovely clear sunny day out there. It was a bit chilly when I popped out to give the plants a bit of a watering. Weather app says it's now 16 degrees (it was 12 when I went a'watering) with a forecast high of 19. Low chance of rain.

Comment

Working...
                      X