• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been zingy chicken, tomato, and lentil soup. Very tasty, in a very zingy kind of way

Only white bread today, as I have a large white loaf coming in the Sainsbury’s delivery later so I need to make space for it in the freezer, and using up the existing white bread is the easiest way of achieving that

Comment

Lunch was a hereford & garlic burger done on the bbq.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mundane laundry on

Included in the mix this week is the old t-shirt, not worn for many a year and slightly musty from having been left waiting for its trip to the Oxfam clothes recycling skip, that will soon be transformed into a “face covering” in accordance with the wishes of what passes for Her Majesty’s Government these days: How to wear and make a cloth face covering - GOV.UK

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Only white bread today, as I have a large white loaf coming in the Sainsbury’s delivery later so I need to make space for it in the freezer, and using up the existing white bread is the easiest way of achieving that
          Substitutions!

Nothing drastic. No Heinz tomato soup available, but I’d flagged that as “don’t substitute” as I didn’t want them palming me off with some muck like mushroom or mulligatawny.

No sesame bloomer, which I only ordered on the off-chance they’ve started baking them again; it seems they haven’t, so sesame-free bloomer it is.

And no white pitta breads, so they’re sending wholemeal. I suppose they’re better for me, even if they are more akin to a cardboard envelope than a soft flatbread

Comment

oh, lunch was baxters hearty bacon and thrre bean soup, with a toasted stale white roll.
            and earl grey tea.
            got a bit busy with a particularly knotty incantation.
            all sorted now though, and beer o'clock again <although i preferred it dahn the old rub a dub, wiv the craic an' all>
            I MISS the PUB.
            i do.
            really.

oh, well

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Substitutions!

Nothing drastic. No Heinz tomato soup available, but I’d flagged that as “don’t substitute” as I didn’t want them palming me off with some muck like mushroom or mulligatawny.

No sesame bloomer, which I only ordered on the off-chance they’ve started baking them again; it seems they haven’t, so sesame-free bloomer it is.

And no white pitta breads, so they’re sending wholemeal. I suppose they’re better for me, even if they are more akin to a cardboard envelope than a soft flatbread
              Make your own flat breads! If you have flour...

Comment

Breakfast, which occurred at lunch time, was blueberry pancakes.

Lunch, which occurred at afternoon tea time, was a selection of meats and pickles and a slice of quiche.

Dinner, which will occur later, is triple cooked chips (HWMBO's excuse being he had an oversized potato) and more of the kebabs he made the other night.

We have both been having a go at things sourdough related. HWMBO is making a loaf that he'll cook up tomorrow. I am having a go at doughnuts. Never made them before, even with a normal yeasted dough, I feel my panic on realising I had a beautiful looking dough but had omitted the eggs was entirely proportionate. Will see how things turn out... Cooking will be tomorrow afternoon ish.

Comment

Oh, and to help pay for my board and lodging, I had a clean up in the kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Oh, and to help pay for my board and lodging, I had a clean up in the kitchen.
                    is that a euphemism??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      is that a euphemism??

On this occasion, no, sadly

Comment

Working...
                      X