• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon be time for the Sainsbury’s delivery. I wish they had one of those tracking things so you can see them on a map with some indication of where you are in the queue. As it is, I’m pretty sure that if I get my dinner, they’ll immediately arrive to interrupt it

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Freecell score: 75%, running average 83%.
      Afternoon score: 72%, running aveage 83%. :sucide:

Tea: more of yesterday's roast beef with carrots & onions, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Andrew Marr's modern history of Britain E1, being the story of 1945 to 1959ish, including how lend lease was turned off like a fecking tap and the bill presented.

Typical of the Septics.

Now "Operation Mincemeat".
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

They’re late

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          They’re late
          Did they turn up? They do give a one hour slot you know

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Entertainment: Andrew Marr's modern history of Britain E1, being the story of 1945 to 1959ish, including how lend lease was turned off like a fecking tap and the bill presented.

Typical of the Septics.

Now "Operation Mincemeat".
            Rounded off nicely with Nazi Megastructures about the battle of Saipan.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Did they turn up? They do give a one hour slot you know
              Which was 9-10, hence “They’re late”

I gave them until 10:30 then tried the customer service number. Naturally, this just left me listening to hold music interspersed with occasional messages about stuff that didn’t apply to my situation or I would have done it instead of phoning.

Finally, at 11:05 - actually five minutes after the customer service line is supposed to close, but it still had me on hold - I saw a Sainsbury’s delivery van pull up over the road in the bus stop further down, apparently work out it was on the wrong side, and do a U-turn; so I hung up and headed downstairs. As I got to the front door, the phone rang, it being the driver saying he was outside but couldn’t see the house numbers; fair enough, they’re hard to see even in broad daylight. He’d had to stop past the zigzag lines appertaining to the crossing, so I went down into the road (there being no traffic at that moment) and waved at him.

He got out and walked back down to me, applying no social distancing whatsoever, saying “Which one is it?” right in my face. I pointed it out and he grumbled that he’d have to unload it up there because of the crossing.

I went up with him and waited by the back of the van while he sorted it out into two crates, which took him a while even though it appeared to be the only delivery left in there. Then he came down with the first and thrust it into my arms, saying “Can you take that and I’ll bring the other.” (It was clearly an order disguised as a question, so no question mark.)

So I did, and got that unpacked in the porch while he found his way after me. As I unloaded the second crate he finally said “Sorry it’s a bit late.”

“That’s OK, I know you’re all very busy at the moment” I said.

“Yeah, but now I’ll get in trouble for being late” he said, staring at me in an accusatory manner

He really was the most curmudgeonly sod imaginable, and seemed to think his woes were all my fault. Also, as I said, no sense of keeping a safe distance whatsoever. Maybe he knows he’s got it and just wants to spread it to as many customers as possible, because he clearly doesn’t think very highly of us as a breed

Anyway, now all that lot’s been carted upstairs, and put away, and my hands washed, and then I’ve gone back down to check the back gates are shut, and come back up, and washed my hands again, I can finally start thinking about getting some dinner

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Anyway, now all that lot’s been carted upstairs, and put away, and my hands washed, and then I’ve gone back down to check the back gates are shut, and come back up, and washed my hands again, I can finally start thinking about getting some dinner
                Or not, because it’s too late to be guzzling down a full meal. So supper has been a few cold cocktail sausages and a bag of crisps, and I daresay the bathroom scales will be glad of it

Comment

That’s A Study in Scarlet finished

Goodnight all

Comment

morning all
                    CBS and definitely King Billy this morning
                    Tuesday

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Blue sky.

Cold.

Sunny.

Tuesday by all accounts since it plainly isn't Sunday.

Woken by the fecking Finals Dream again wherein I hadn't attended any lectures in the particular subject and the exam was set in a building I'd never been in and didn't know the location of, but it was plainly in Newport, somewhere or other.

Thankfully it was just a dream.

The back is still grumbling away, and the neck has joined in, displaying solidarity in this time of need.

Comment

Working...
                      X