• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been one-and-a-half pan fried duck breasts with fries and sweet chilli sauce, just for a change. Very nice

The other half has been kept back for lunch, or maybe even breakfast, tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
      Out of interest which one did you purchase and why?
      https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/produc...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Why that one? It seemed good enough, had an “Amazon bestseller” flag, was available for next day delivery, and most important of all: it was one of the cheapest

Why get it in the first place? I’d been vaguely thinking of getting one for a while, mainly out of idle curiosity, and then read this in the NY Times:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      This thing to be precise (free, but you might have to make up an email address): Opinion | The Infection That’s Silently Killing Coronavirus Patients - The New York Times

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Watching the recorded BBC news took less than 20s today. Swear, fwd, swear, fwd, swear, fwd, swear, fwd.... Delete recording. Switch to The Simpsons.
        Very wise

Comment

My sourdough looks nice enough now it's been baked. I forgot to put the water in the bottom of the oven so that was chucked in part way through baking.

Resisting the urge to eat some now, will wait until the morning. It's cooled down enough but I don't want to cut into it just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Watching the recorded BBC news took less than 20s today. Swear, fwd, swear, fwd, swear, fwd, swear, fwd.... Delete recording. Switch to The Simpsons.
            That's more than I watched.

Comment

Now watching Have I Got A Bit More News For You. I'm getting used to the video format.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Entertainment: BBC4: Maps.

BBC4: How Britain won the space race. (Are they on drugs or what?)

BBC4: Mark Kermode on Kinema: Coming of age. Doesn't sound promising.

Then either Simon Schama's History of Britain or Wonderfalls as the fancy takes me at the time.
                Maps:

Jodrell Bank: inneresting though I've seen it before.

Kermode: boring.

Wonderfalls: 2 pretty good eps, and that's the end of that which is a pity.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I took a break from the telly tonight, instead reading some more of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Was it already like that, or has this come on recently?
                    It's been like this for a few years... Hence why I'm on COPD meds for my asthma and the reason for being "NHS High Risk".

TFA
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

Friday, end of another week

Weather - Chilly start, blue sky, sun just peeking from light cloud covering

Breakfast - weetabix (3), OJ, Bacon (3) and Egg (2) sandwich, tomato sauce on white bread

Lunch - Chicken Adobo (we had Chowder yesterday as a change to yesterdays menu)
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X