• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still a bit king billy (compared to the previous few days) but there is now blue sky from grey! (well it was white but that doesn't work with WYWH)

I was considering going outside, further than my patio, but I'm staying put for a while longer.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The weather app now asserts that it’s “mostly sunny” here. Meanwhile, reality stubbornly continues to be grey
      Reality now matches the weather app’s overoptimism

Soon be time for lunch

Comment

Another productive morning:

DSOTM off Pulse whilst dozing away.

Freecell: 95%, running average 83%.

Kettle damaged in rage last evening so leaking.

Lunch: carrot & coriander (Heinz) with Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, fruit corner yogurt thing, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

What happened to the kettle? That's a key worker of the kitchen!

Comment

Looks lovely and sunny out there now so I opened the window. It’s still only 12°C, and there’s a breeze blowing the coldness in! Window closed again sharpish

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              WlmS

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Looks lovely and sunny out there now so I opened the window. It’s still only 12°C, and there’s a breeze blowing the coldness in! Window closed again sharpish

I closed my living room window too. It's lovely and bright but it ain't warm!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  It irritated me* and got thrust under the tap rather more vigorously than was good for it.

I suspect a little araldyte will prove a sufficient cure.

Maybe.

*I was already irritated enough with the Freecell thing.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch was going to be sausages and bacon sandwiched in buttered wholemeal toast, but at the last minute I decided to add a fried egg in there. Very nice, all in all, though I’m not sure the egg contributed enough to justify the extra hassle

I’ve only got one rasher of the bacon from the market left now. It’s a good big one, so it’ll serve in a small bap, or in a large one with sausages, but I need to decide how to source more bacon - do I go to the market, or make do with the supermarkets?

Comment

I would prefer go to the market because I like to try and support the small traders. Although my local ones seem to be doing a roaring trade and it can be quicker and less risky to go the supermarket!

Comment

Working...
                      X