• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Hmm… maybe not. JustEat looks like it’s accepting orders until you try to start one, whereupon it tells you it isn’t

Maybe he was just in there checking the place hadn’t been burgled or something
    That's a shame! To have lost a major food group must be rather unsettling.

Here's hoping the chippie stays open

Comment

Drive over there, get them to put the barometer outside and retreat back into their lair, and drive back with it

Or just get them on Zoom and have them prop the barometer in front of their webcam. Then you can call it when you want to know what the atmospheric pressure is where they are
      My Dad has only just about mastered Skype for his guitar lessons, I'm not introducing more complexity.

I wonder if a 120-mile round trip could be justified to pick it up? People have certainly come up with more tenuous excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        My Dad has only just about mastered Skype for his guitar lessons, I'm not introducing more complexity.

I wonder if a 120-mile round trip could be justified to pick it up? People have certainly come up with more tenuous excuses.
        can't he just post it? -courier services are mostly what's keeping everything glued together at the moment.
        if he can wrap it, you can arrange pickup, delivery and payment online.
        jist a thought like.

Comment

Good point

If nothing else, people like seeing a good story on the news starting “Police fined a driver who said they were going to collect a barometer

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          can't he just post it? -courier services are mostly what's keeping everything glued together at the moment.
          if he can wrap it, you can arrange pickup, delivery and payment online.
          jist a thought like.
          I’m not sure I’d entrust a valuable antique barometer to one of those companies that throws people’s brand new china dinner services up on a garage roof then says it was put in a “safe place”

Comment

I’m not sure I’d entrust a valuable antique barometer to one of those companies that throws people’s brand new china dinner services up on a garage roof then says it was put in a “safe place”
            use a better company then

Comment

use a better company then
              I think I’ve seen complaints like that about all of them at one time or another

Comment

Entertainment:

YouTube

For AtW:

YouTube

And this appeared on my playlist to start it all off:

YouTube
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I think I’ve seen complaints like that about all of them at one time or another
                  yes? where?
                  i've used loads of couriers with no problems at all over the years.

Comment

outside a chinese.

and very nice it was too.

now, a nice chablis and midsomer murdurs. - <och, jean ;-) >

Comment

outside a chinese.

and very nice it was too.

now, a nice chablis and midsomer murdurs. -
                      Did you go inside or are you just conducting reviews of shop exteriors?
                      Last edited by ladymuck; 25 April 2020, 18:57.

Comment

Working...
                      X