• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Revised: Simon Shama History of Britain E2 "Conquest",

Wonderfalls E9 "Safety Canary",

thing on BBC4 about some African volcano which seems totally fecking insane,

and at 22:00 Neil Oliver's thing about Orkney.

The rock on the inside of the volcano is sharp enough to cut the climbing ropes.

As I said, insane is putting it mildly.

It's near Goma.

Oh, they're suffocating goats with CO2 now.

Mount Nyiragongo - Wikipedia

Now I've seen it all: chap trying to stop a lava flow with a CO2 fire extinguisher.

Stone me this is getting madder & madder.

They're pratting about on a lava terrace down in the crater.

Feck me.
    I'm just watching this now. Bearded white man counting rucksacks so far.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      That's a weird coincidence, I just came here to say almost the same thing, that Venus, the moon and the light at the top of the local phone mast are perfectly aligned. Spooky.
      Celestial telecoms leyline

Comment

Venus and Moon have moved quite a bit North and down in just half and hour. Moon almost disappeared behind the hill.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          rather have a GPMG myself, but i AM biased

I'm quite amused that he considers a 6" S&W Model 29 in .44 mag to be suitable for home defence, but there you go.

He recommends a Glock for the uninitiated since it's simple to use, though I'd have thunk 9x19 would be rather easier to feed than .40 S&W.

Now watching a thing about Stonehenge on Smithsonian "Mystic Britain", preceded by Simon Schama's History of Britain "King Death" and "Burning Convictions".

"King Death" being about the Black Death, whilst "Burning Convictions" was about Henry VIII and his heirs.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I'm just watching this now. Bearded white man counting rucksacks so far.
          Mad as a box of frogs & it gets madder as it goes on.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 April 2020, 21:28.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

hi can I use the shower? I have been in General!

Dinner was frikadellen (Aldi) and Chips (Miss V2).

Entertainment was S2 of Bull and Snakes & Ladders / shopping spree board games with the kids.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just put someone back on the ignore list.

I'm beginning to get a bit worried that he's not well.

Comment

Just put someone back on the ignore list.

I'm beginning to get a bit worried that he's not well.
                I'm fine

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  I'm fine
                  Who said that?

No, it's not you.

Currently watching Man-eating Zombie Cats on Dmax.

It's about big cats infected with canine distemper, which, according to this, removes their fear of man.

Messy.

Comment

Who said that?

No, it's not you.

Currently watching Man-eating Zombie Cats on Dmax.

It's about big cats infected with canine distemper, which, according to this, removes their fear of man.

Messy.

was joking I suspect I know who! He does seem to be hurting, maybe he needs to get back to work.

Comment

First film of the night was the sequel to Terminator 2: Judgment Day which is not, as one might have assumed, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines but Terminator: Dark Fate (2019). This is either because of an entity sent back from the future changing the timeline of the Terminator films, or because of the more mundane circumstance of the rights to the Terminator franchise having reverted to James Cameron thirty years on from T2. Anyway, I thought it was really good, much better than some of the ones now retconned into oblivion (although some of those were good enough in their own right)

And after that, a rewatch of Baby Driver (2017). As I believe I’ve previously suggested, in some respects this is a film where style gets in the way of substance. But if one can get past the notion of a heist movie that’s a cross between a Fast & Furious film and a 60s & 70s Disco Night in a council estate pub, there’s a pretty decent film at the heart of it

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X