• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    The much anticipated Excavation In The Freezer has revealed some frozen raspberries (pre 2014 at a gues), some frozen apple (sliced up but uncooked), some M&S frozen peas from early 2013 (they're BBE 2013 so must be earlier than that), a large packet of frozen chicken breasts, and some frozen gooseberries.

I managed to chisel off bits of the frozen apple and it's defrosting & rehydrating at this very moment.

The frozen raspberries are doing the same, the rest of it went back whence it came for further excavation at a future date.

Found some lamb, a leg of lamb, a lamb's heart (stuffed), and some bacon ready portioned up for liver, bacon, & onions.

All good stuff.
    A veritable cornucopia!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      A veritable cornucopia!
      I do like the word 'veritable'.

Excellent advertising by Walls for the Feast - a veritable banquet on a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I do like the word 'veritable'.

Excellent advertising by Walls for the Feast - a veritable banquet on a stick.

Comment

I thought of going shopping, but the new Viz is out. On past experience, it doesn’t show up in Sainsbury’s until the Friday of publication week so I’ll wait until tomorrow

All very different to the 1980s, when the only place in the entire city that sold it was a comic shop in a now-filled-in subway by the polytechnic

Comment

I had a rummage but couldn't find the one where they actually said the phrase. Maybe I dreamt it.

Comment

Broccoli & Stilton soup with Granary toast (Hovis) & duck pate.

A little bit of Miss V3's fruit salad.

Watched S2E2 of Our Girl where Miss Keegan is not quite yet as interesting as Miss Turner (Lacey Turner was a bit of rough joining the Army to escape poverty and a dead end life) Miss Keegan is a middle class medic and misses the gritty social comment of the first series.

However it appears in later series we get to see a lot more of Miss Keegan.

Michelle Keegan strips off for naked Our Girl shower scene in her final series - Mirror Online

Back to SQL, SSIS & .net to perform miracles. Great thing about our jobs there s so much variety!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lunch: burger with a cheese slice and a fried egg + Heinz Tomato Ketchup. Fantastic.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I had a rummage but couldn't find the one where they actually said the phrase. Maybe I dreamt it.
                  That's a bit like watching "2001" waiting for him to say "Oh my God, it's full of stars" only to find it's actually in the trailer for 2010.

But shorter in your case, of course, since 2001 goes on a bit even when FF is engaged to get over the really boring bits.

Freecell score: 93%, running average 83%.

Short walk walked to see if The Leg (or Legs) complained.

As it happens, today they didn't.

Popped into the old Cem to inspect Grandparents graves.

Nothing to report on the one covered in stones by persons unknow, the other got a bit of weeding done, or as much as I was prepared to do without kneeling down.

The blue sky has gone & it's white again now.

There are hints of precipitation in the forecast for later.

A veritable cornucopia!
                  In a further ferret about in there I found some stewing steak from about 2013 or so that could do with being used almost as much as the peas from 2012.

Feck alone knows what's further down in there.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 April 2020, 15:47.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    2001 goes on a bit even when FF is engaged to get over the really boring bits.

did you ever watch 'solaris' ??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      did you ever watch 'solaris' ??

The one with Clooney in it?

I've got the requisite two copies of it.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X