• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribeye, tomato and onion salad, frites. Chilled Chenin Blanc.

Perfect summer lunch in Winter. No leaping lizards.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I’ve arranged to meet a friend down the pub this evening, but I’ve just been out the back and the wind is so bitter that I’m thinking it wouldn’t be a bad thing if one or other of us got the coronavirus and had to cancel

Comment

The Internet Archive has got the first 30 issues of Viz: Viz UK Magazine Comic Issues 1 to 30 - Dec 1979 to July 1988 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Comment

I made it out the flat to the storage place.

The rain had stopped, the clouds cleared and the sun was out.

The wind was a bit bracing in parts, mind.

Comment

Made bol this afternoon which looked lovely but had come off the simmer, turned up the ring & the fecker promptly stuck.

Saved most of it, apart from the black bits, clogged the drain so that added to the fun, then decided to clean behind the cooker for no readily apparent reason.

3 hours later, it's clean behind and beside the cooker, the amount of filth removed was gratifying, and the bol turned out ok.

Tea: spag bol (with added chili), prune yoghurt, 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Nice enough, the remaining 4 portions will fester in the freezer for the next month.

Dunno what to watch this evening, I suppose I'll find sommat from the limited choice available.

Once the dishes are done I'll need some handcream coz the hands seem to have suffered a bit from the combination of sugar soap, bleach, Cif, and whatever else I found during the cleaning.

Even cleaned the filters on the cooker hood so the pong of kippers has departed for now.

<hiatus>

The evening's entertainment commenced with "Revenge (2017)", being in French & English.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 February 2020, 20:16.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Oh great, more trundling

I shall try not to die in Leicester.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I hope that gets added to Monday Links....

Comment

No NF report from the Chinese yet? I guess he got Cov19 from his friend. I suppose at least he wins the award for for CUKker to get it.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I shall try not to die in Leicester.....
                    see leicester and die, no?

and who'd want an award from the pompous ass anyway?

Comment

dinner was pork loin chops with a honey and mustard glaze, chips and peas.

yum.

and a nice rioja.

got to travel tomorrow

not particularly looking forward to it.

meh.

probably more miserable than north wales, yorkshire <at least, the people are, anyway>

more meh.

Comment

Working...
                      X