• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catching up on Race Across the World.

I'd love to do that and was on the verge of signing up for the next next series with a friend of mine. Then some naff virus turned up and we couldn't finish the application because it needs a one minute video of the two of us.

Comment

Entertainment: Simon Schama's History of Britain: "Revolutions" being the tale of one Oliver Cromwell & Co.

Then "Elementary" S6 E19 wherein an arc is approaching its endpoint.

Now watching "Sewermen" on Paramount. It's a load of tulipe really.

Kermode's Cinema thing at 22:00 on Science Fiction.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 April 2020, 20:25.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

So a potential stampede of Newcastle's finest has scared off Gregg's

Greggs postpones re-opening UK bakery stores | Business | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          So a potential stampede of Newcastle's finest has scared off Gregg's

Greggs postpones re-opening UK bakery stores | Business | The Guardian
          It definitely would happen

Comment

Tonight’s tea was chicken casserole; lovely

In this case, I followed the approach of using chicken thighs (skin on, bone in), browned then cooked in the sauce on a low heat for an hour and a bit. Then I cut some smallish spuds into disks, and layered them on top with plenty of salt, pepper, and some fresh (well, out of the freezer) thyme sprinkled on. Lid back on and continue at a low temperature for about forty minutes, so the potato gets nicely cooked through. Then off with the lid, whack the heat up to gas mark 6, and cook until the sauce has reduced. That leaves the top of the potato high and dry, where it crisps up nicely from the chicken fat that had floated to the top

Sadly, out of the three portions so made, only the first gets the benefit of the potatoes on top as I guzzled the lot. The remaining two portions will be duly frozen, but I’ll have to have them with chips or something.

Comment

Steak & widney + stir fry.

Stella + smirnoff
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Bins have been trundled.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Bins have been trundled.

Comment

I seem to have some kind of lurgy again

Bit of a headache that comes and goes, and my nose is a bit runny from time to time. Probably just a mild cold. Or it could be the Covid, I suppose, though I don’t have a cough or any shortness of breath, and although the headache is occasionally accompanied by a slight feeling of having a temperature, it’s not much of one. It’s been coming and going for a couple of days now, but I daresay it’ll clear up soon

Anyway, this led to another night of not bothering with telly, and I only managed a couple of chapters of The Hound of the Baskervilles

Goodnight all

Comment

Hailstones in north Manc this evening.

Insomnia too. Might take assguru off ignore, that would probably cure it.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X