• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, that's me knocked off for the weekend

I still haven't got rid of the dead code, but that can wait until Monday morning

And then there was the "Well, actually, could you…" bit which it was then conceded wasn't actually required for going live but would be nice to have. I'll think about it

Turned into quite a nice sunny, Simpsonesque evening again, and not excessively hot at 21°C with a light breeze to keep things cool

Comment

HWMBO has made two lovely cocktails for me. He is being rewarded with an episode of The Curse of Oak Island.

Someone has dug up some dirt on a beach looking for eel grass remnants and says "yes this looks like decayed material" . HWMBO says, "a chap is looking closely at some dirt which is basically decayed material". I think that makes him a keeper.

A third diver has been sourced for 10X.

Comment

My GP has texted me with an invite to attend a drop in session dishing out second doses of the jab tomorrow morning. I have an appointment for next Saturday but getting the top up a week earlier could be handy.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed

Very nice out; a bit warmer than it needs to be, but I daresay it won't last

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            My GP has texted me with an invite to attend a drop in session dishing out second doses of the jab tomorrow morning. I have an appointment for next Saturday but getting the top up a week earlier could be handy.
            You'll be able to tell the Scots you've had both jabs, which might just save you from being seized at the border and thrown into a compound on Gruinard

Comment

Friday tea: steak & kidney Pukka pie, chips, peas and gravy. Delicious

Accompanied by a bit of Trucking Hell

Comment

Tonight's Korean movie premiere was the sequel to Train to Busan, Train to Busan Presents: Peninsula (2020), which seems a bit laboured because that's the long-winded way the title is presented on IMDb, but on the title screen it's just called Peninsula (in Korean), while IMDb also claims that its original title is Train to Busan 2, which is silly because there aren't any trains and it isn't set in Busan; everything happens in Seoul and the neighbouring port of Incheon. But anyway, it's really good

And after that, Apollo 13 (1995), because it's always good to be reminded to work the problem and not make things worse by guessing

BTW, that line I just paraphrased occurs (for me) at 54:45 into the film, so it's a pali

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

White sky.

Sunless.

19 deg in here.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 67% RH. There'll be trout swimming up the walls at this rate.

Saturday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the heat and humidity.

Sun's out.

Entertainment: Tudur Owen's TV Flashbacks, which, this week, included Siliconix FC, the world's worst football team.

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli, plus Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: watching the BBCNews channel showing Biden's motorcade struggling with Cornish roads.

The next batch of bol and chilli con carne duly cooked, and waiting to cool down a little before meeting the freezer.

It's hot out there, though there's a pleasant breeze.

It's reached 20.1 deg C in here.

It's very quiet out there. I wonder why?

Entertainment: "Hell and High Water (1954)" with that Richard Widmark.

It's about a bunch of mercenaries sailing an old Japanese submarine to investigate a possible nuclear detonation by the Evil Chinese Communists.

1954 a bit early for that but there you go.

I must have watched it before because I remembered the professor getting his thumb trapped in the hatch & Richard Widmark cutting it off with a pocket knife.

Well that dragged a bit but came to a suitably atomic conclusion.

In other news, it's now 20.8 deg C in here.

Tea: unsurprisingly enough: spag with some of the new lamb free bol which was much more pleasant than the last lot.

Fiery enough, what it'll be like after its sojourn in the freezer I dread to think.

A yog and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea to follow.

It's now 21.2 deg C in here.

Entertainment: "Deadfall (1968)" with that Michael Caine chap, plus Eric Portman.

It's turgid.

As a completeness freak, it ticked a box.

Otherwise it's pretty meh.

TFBSDrS.

Sunday shopping tomorrow.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 June 2021, 22:10.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

90 minutes ago it was dark, sunless and about 90°C and 15% humidity. But that was in the sauna after gym.

Currently: 26C, 50%RH and 984hPa.

Enjoying a cold beer now.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Afternoon all

Sunny and warm out, some fluffy cloud. Currently 22 degrees and it'll get up to 24. Barometer up a bit to 1023 mBar.

Busy morning. We walked down to Chelsea to the vaccine drop in clinic. All appointments had been taken by the time we got there (just before 11.30 am) so I didn't get a second jab. I still have an appointment booked for next Saturday so it's no problem. HWMBO and I mooched around a few nice delis and picked up some bits to take back to Glasgow tomorrow to save on any immediate need to shop when we arrive.

Now back home and getting ready to go out for our date. Afternoon tea up the Oxo Tower (fnar fnar) and then cocktails over Marylebone way.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      The 'Act of Settlement', the law that continues to regulate the succession to the throne of the UK is passed by parliament 1701

Comment

Working...
                      X