• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    TFBSZ

^^^ I have no fecking idea why it does this every fecking time?

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

They had the opposite problem in the war: lots of people who'd been to the right school, knew the right people and so on were either already in or were drafted into the Intelligence services despite having quietly (or, in some cases, outspokenly) supported the British Union of Fascists in the 1930s
    Ah, but most of those were "good chaps" and very far removed from the CPGB.

By design.

Meanwhile on the 18th of April 2019 I was recomendiing the Barratt as an ideal vermin rifle, though overpenetration was a bit of a problem. Target was offed by the muzzle blast even if you missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yAzSkPVk8A

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 January 2023, 19:10.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch earlier was sardine toasties, being those caught in the Sea of Olive Oil

And thus fortified, I sorted out some bits here then headed over to the old flat to retrieve the second of the 2x2 Kallax units. Once again it was the bulk rather than the weight that made it unpleasant to get it out to the car; the previous one still had an unfilled segment at the top where I hadn't yet got around to installing the drawer insert, but this one had all inserts in place, so I only had a few millimetres to grip that bit by and my fingertips kept getting pinched by the edge of the hardboard that forms the back of the insert

But I got it done, and it's now in the way here until I sort out the stuff that needs sorting out so I can put it where it's going

And to assist in that, I finally remembered to bring over the low steps originally intended for reaching the top of the super-high bookcases in the old place, which will now assist me in finally securing the not-quite-as-high things I got for putting the DVDs in, which have been assembled for ages but are still empty as they need to be secured to the wall at the top

While I was there I got a text from Eon reminding me that I hadn't paid their latest bill. The reason I hadn't paid was that it was estimated, and I haven't been living there so it was bound to be too high, so I was going to do a meter reading. So I finally remembered to do that, and the readings are very close to their estimated readings at the start of December. This meant the website warned me that they looked too low and asked if I was sure, and as I had the proof right there in photographic form, I was. I expect the new bill to be considerably less than the ~£300 they thought they were getting

Comment

The DVD bookcases have been attached to the walls, and largely filled - which has revealed, as I suspected, that I need at least twice as much shelf space as they offer

The big Kallax unit can take a good few box sets though, which will be a start. And the smaller Kallax units I've brought over could also take some to be going on with, as could the two things that used to be one chest of drawers. Thanks to the capacious fitted wardrobe in the bedroom, I have plenty of empty storage - it's just not always optimal for the things I have to store

I found a few films I had no recollection of having bought in among there. Also a fair few on DVD that have been supplanted by Blu-ray versions (and often also by streaming versions). I suppose I could get rid of the surplus copies, but it'll take me a few years to get used to the idea before I can finally act

I'm also aware of the fact that I haven't actually got around to plugging in my Blu-ray player since moving here

Comment

Yeehah. Got a £250 credit into my account by water company for the periods without water during all that frost. Wasn't actually any real problem for me as got drinking/washing water from people I know at nearby village and used water from my water butt (hee hee!) to flush the bog. Same as that electricity rebate, way over what I actually spent. Come on utilities/govt, gimme more free dosh!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The bridge from the car park to the beach is currently closed for repair, so we went down with our wellies on at low tide and crossed the river. A lovely walk on the beach yielded several good fossils and has left The DogTW tired.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea has been one of those nice steak and caramelised onion burgers on a toasted sesame bun with sweet chilli sauce, and fries

The car tonight was a Bedford CA Dormobile, currently taxed until April (no MOT required). And the gold diggers all seemed to be doing well

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Later viewing started with How the Holocaust Began which was very interesting. The Balkan states are still extremely touchy about being reminded of their complicity, it seems

Then the second part of the series about Elizabeth I's secret service

And finally a new episode of 24 Hours in A&E, followed by an old one for balance

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Murky out.

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Grey.

Dark.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

Misty.

Damp.

Cold in here at 11 deg, 9.5 deg in the kitchen, 6 deg in the leanto.

1033 mBar, 30.5045 in Hg, 774.81 Torr, 14.982 psi, (down from 1036 last night), 64% RH (GDR hair), 55% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 18th of April 2019 a Bank Holiday was imminent and Brillo's car would be immobile from the Friday to the Tuesday.

Strangelove Sis & Niece: went out to lunch.

Baked potato with bacon & chicken & potato salad & some pink stuff and salad. Two pints of San Miguel: pissed now (it never takes much). No pints of good Glengettie tea so I'm making some now to make up for it.

It's pretty grimly unpleasant out there: cold with that very fine drizzle that wets you through to the bone with no effort whatever.

Having achieved a level of drunkeness, the muchies arrived. Feeling fat now.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 85%.

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, the last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S17 E5 1954 Ex WD Series One Landrover first used at Porton Down. . Bought: £16k, Total: £25310, Sold: £35k. And it's off to Jersey with it. Not sure I'd have paid £2k5 for a "correct" bulkhead.

Ian Robertson Rambles the Hebridean Way. Clisham HIll and St Kilda. He didn't walk to St Kilda. .

Joy of Painting 9 of 26: a stream winding its way down from a distant hill through quiet pastures.

Who do you think you are? Kate Winslet's Scandi noir ancestors and Irish ancestors. Swedish names: Andersson is literally Anders son, similarly Andersdotor is Anders daughter. Who'd have thunk?

Whatever happened to the Likely Lads S2 E11. Terry leaves Bob.

The Bad Skin Clinic S2 E10. Lady with lots of skin tags. Lady with big lipoma on her hip. Chap with Crohn's Disease (undiagnosed) giving him skin problems.Lady with psoriasis.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 January 2023, 22:59.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X