• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Arrived in Villefranche sur Mer. 2100km indirect route. Drive through from Montpellier was through a rain storm for 80 miles like I've only ever experienced in Africa before.

By the time we arrived, it was 6pm and 29°C. Mrs Scruff straight into La Med. Rosé chilling in the fridge for after dinner on the terrace.

Not looking forward to 14 days iso when we return, but it's a fair price to pay.

Masks are obligatoire.
    Depending on how long you're away for, the rules may have changed in your favour by the time you get back.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      It amazes me that people buy houses with gardens the size of these who don't want to take care of them.
      I think people like the idea of a garden but fail to realise it's actually a decent amount of work to get them into a state where maintenance is regular tinkering and six monthly hacking.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Depending on how long you're away for, the rules may have changed in your favour by the time you get back.
        The rules change so often and so unpredictably, I'm beginning to think they're somehow transcribed from the spins of a one-armed bandit in a workingmen's club

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The rules change so often and so unpredictably, I'm beginning to think they're somehow transcribed from the spins of a one-armed bandit in a workingmen's club
          Workingmen’s club?

More likely “who of our MPs are currently spaffing it up against a wall in which country?” “Make sure it’s not on the quarantine list”
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dinner is fish fingers, chips and beans!

Waitrose chunky haddock, McCains triple cooked gourmet, Heinz five beans*

* I refuse to use the z on the end that their marketing dept deemed necessary.
            Last edited by ladymuck; 9 September 2020, 19:05.

Comment

Went to see sister in Herefordshire. Knackered from long drive back. Quite nice yesterday, went for drink with old workmate who lives that way and he showed me round Ludlow.

Don't like long drives any more, can't imagine how I used to do all that driving in contract days
              Last edited by xoggoth; 9 September 2020, 19:06.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Dinner was pie, chips and peas, from the usual sources.
                and a nice Rioja.
                ents will be more MURDUR!!*
                there's a circus in this one, apparently.

* I might have the whole Taggart series, somewhere.
                maybe worth revisiting.

Comment

Turned chilly quite rapidly here - already down to 14°C (outside)

And we're forecast 8° by sunrise tomorrow. I predict the thin summer duvet will be getting put away again soon.

Comment

Tea has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips (M&S chunky triple-cooked ones, for a change) and petits pois, all out of the freezer, and all absolutely delicious

Comment

More curry for dinner

Night
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X