• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, speaking of dreams, whilst I can't remember last night's epics, the night before I was dreaming about designing some form of remote control for a model plane.

As a method of doing such, it was remarkably crazy, but there you go.

Then again it didn't involve static methods and inheritance, whatever that is, which was all to the good.

There's one good thing about programming small machines: the OOP approach is to fat to fit in the memory.

Which is good.

For most of them even C is a bit too fat & happy to fit in.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I still have road digger uppers in my street. Fortunately they've moved along a bit and it no longer feels like they're drilling into my head.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Well, speaking of dreams, whilst I can't remember last night's epics, the night before I was dreaming about designing some form of remote control for a model plane.

As a method of doing such, it was remarkably crazy, but there you go.

Then again it didn't involve static methods and inheritance, whatever that is, which was all to the good.

There's one good thing about programming small machines: the OOP approach is to fat to fit in the memory.

Which is good.

For most of them even C is a bit too fat & happy to fit in.
        I just had to update an old system exit, written in Assembler (IBM HLAL).
        Took me back did that

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Will there be any after the forriners wiped out the local stocks?

They don't know every patch on the hill, and this year seems to be starting off with bumper crops
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            I just had to update an old system exit, written in Assembler (IBM HLAL).
            Took me back did that
            Ah, the dear dead days of assembler, z80, 6303, 6805, 8085, and that shock to the system: 8086.

How I do miss them.

Still writing PIC assembler though, or I would be if I did anything technical any more.

Walk walked, though somewhat damply.

Found what I think was a dead hawk on the road, difficult to tell since it was extremely flat.

Met the father of the new neighbour.

Talking about much work on next door.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 September 2020, 12:00.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

I quite miss assembly language too. At least you didn't have to worry about leaky abstractions in the language or slightly different behaviour across implementations (not counting the JMP indirect bug on the 6502, or the "undocumented" instructions that became documented on the 6510)

Comment

Lunch: cold sausage + cold rasher of bacon in a wholemeal butty. Lovely

I've been in the habit of freezing sausages and bacon in sets of three, which means I ended up with one of each left over after yesterday's lunch. I can't decide whether to start doing them in pairs for the sake of the vague diet, or to keep on as I am for the sake of the cold ones in a sandwich the day after, as I'm very partial to the sandwiches and they have the advantage of having half as many calories as the previous day's - less, in fact, as I don't have butter on the cold ones.

Today's weigh-in came in almost two pounds lighter than yesterday despite the ultra-high-calorie lunch, so I'm still getting something right

Comment

I'd say stick with your current system.

Comment

Lunch was one of those part-baked baguettes freshly cooked up. Filled with cheese and ham.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I'd say stick with your current system.
                      Yes, I probably will. The threes are also the right amount for things like chips, sausage and beans, and I seldom plan meals more than a few hours ahead so having them in pairs would limit my options more

Comment

Working...
                      X