• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headachey and not tired here. Not a wonderful combination.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Entertainment: "The Hill" with that Sean Connery et al, which I haven't seen in many a year.

Spanish branded dvd with a choice of Inglese or Catalan audio, as was the "Sgt York" dvd of yesterday.
      Duly watched. A bit grim really.

Followed by another heavyweight epic: "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" which I'd conflated with the first one, which it isn't.

Moderately amusing in a 30 year old sort of way.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No telly tonight; instead I continued reading The Great Influenza. It gets up to nearly page 100 before the influenza actually starts, being up to that point an examination of how medical education developed in the USA from the mid-1800s onwards. As I recall, this is all somewhat relevant later, but it’s quite a bit of groundwork

Looks like, despite being called “the Spanish flu”, it actually originated in a remote area of Kansas where the main activity was livestock farming; as this included pigs, I assume it might have come from them. Then it got exported to Europe by troopship, and the poor old Spaniards ended up getting the blame

Another earlyish night for me, as the lurgy may be improving but hasn’t yet relinquished its grip

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ.

Comment

Comment

morning
              CBS with wispy bits.
              a bit king billy.
              friday, yay

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                No telly tonight; instead I continued reading The Great Influenza. It gets up to nearly page 100 before the influenza actually starts, being up to that point an examination of how medical education developed in the USA from the mid-1800s onwards. As I recall, this is all somewhat relevant later, but it’s quite a bit of groundwork

Looks like, despite being called “the Spanish flu”, it actually originated in a remote area of Kansas where the main activity was livestock farming; as this included pigs, I assume it might have come from them. Then it got exported to Europe by troopship, and the poor old Spaniards ended up getting the blame

Another earlyish night for me, as the lurgy may be improving but hasn’t yet relinquished its grip

Goodnight all
                It is only called the Spanish flu as countries used Spain as the basis of all news reports and figures as they didn't want to reveal the real local figures to avoid scaring people and Spain was neutral.
                Last edited by eek; 13 March 2020, 08:05.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I told MrsBP the best cure was corona virus was sex with me. She said she would rather die....

Comment

Morning all!

Daily Report
                    ########

Location - WFH

Weather - Bright and Sunny

Parish Notes - The Bolton sur les Collines site ceased operations until further notice as one of our esteemed colleagues has exhibited symptoms, and has undergone testing. So, WFH for the duration. Probably back to the office when the test results are know.

In the meantime, tea and toast beckons.

Good luck to you all!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Followed by another heavyweight epic: "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" which I'd conflated with the first one, which it isn't.

Moderately amusing in a 30 year old sort of way.
                      One had forgotten to mention the appearance of The Wig Wearing War Criminal in the episode "Arena".

Zeity would have been gutted since he didn't appear.

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

No wind.

White sky.

Both WMs in use in cottons mode (the bed got stripped), with the TD doing the smalls on Express.

Should be able to hang stuff out on the line if it's still dry by the time I return (assuming, of course, that I haven't dropped dead on the way back ).
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X