• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just occurred to me that when I drop the car off tomorrow I’ll be most of the way to town, so I can finally pop up to the market and various other places I’ve been meaning to visit but have been too lazy to walk to

Which led to me remembering that I got a Waterstones gift card at Christmas, so now I have to decide whether to think of a book I want (that they might have) before I go, or just browse around once I get there

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      I think I've got a cold.
      Covid19....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I predict a link on Monday about don't mess with car batteries...
        I predict no link on Monday......

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Hey! That's the only way BP and DrS can get around, with their various injuries
          Mine has the go faster stripes....

Comment

In Wales. MrsBP cooked dinner so Chicken, rice, salad, jacket potatoes with yummy filling.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              In Wales. MrsBP cooked dinner so Chicken, rice, salad, jacket potatoes with yummy filling.
              While we watched Big(Richard Hammond). On oil platform. They drill 6 miles into earth - while on 1.5 miles of sea.

Comment

Tea has been chicken thighs in red wine sauce (out of the freezer) with rice, for a change, and a thick slice of sesame bloomer. Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Entertainment: I suspect it might just be "Hang 'em high" this evening.

The odd thing about "Two mules for sister sara" was the rather sub Ennio Morricone score, which turned out to be by Ennio Morricone doing a pastiche or palimpsest of a Dollar film score.
                  And thusly did it transpire.

Again, the music was a Dollar film pastiche, this time not written by Ennio Morricone.

An unrecognizable Dennis Hopper made a brief appearance.

As did Spock's dad, Mark Lenard.

Disappointingly he was sans the pointed ears.

Now watching a History Channel docu about Tarawa/Saipan, having watched the bloodbath that was Iwo Jima yesterday.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 March 2020, 22:06.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Trundling has occurred

Still seems very damp out there, despite the weather app’s insistence that it’s a dry night

Comment

No trundling required today. Will save my rubbish for Tuesday's collection.

Watched a Storyville programme about a gay pron star from Tel Aviv, Jonathan Agassi. Quite a sad tale of a young man desperate for his absent father's approval.

Then, I cheered myself up with episode 5 of Secrets of the Museum. This week featured photos of the real Alice behind Alice in Wonderland, the first folio of Shakespeare's plays, the original model of Frankenstein's monster from the second film, and a Louis Vuitton trunk from the mid 1900's that belonged to an American-born socialite.

Interested to discover that, presumably due to the sheer amount of stuff they have, periodic condition checks are not made of the objects in storage. It is only when they are requested to be borrowed or someone is researching something for an exhibition that their condition is evaluated and repairs made. Frankenstein's monster needed an estimated 300 hours of conservation work so it seems unlikely that the exhibition wanting to borrow him actually got him.

Comment

Working...
                      X