• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Arghhh. Sitting on the tram having a nice journey till I read that. Am fooking starving now!!
    You get public transport and in fact

Mind you I suspect your trip via Bury is rather easier than driving into Manc itself...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Sounds like they've pulled a fast one, as a few bulbs isn't a huge uplift on the bill but all adds up if they do it for 90% of customers. Or, they were too lazy to record three bulbs out on the MOT as it as a fail / fast fix job.

My Dad was very grumpy with his local garage when his car was last MOT'd. He knew it needed a couple of new tyres so told them - replace the tyres THEN do the MOT. They did the MOT, failed it on the tyres, then replaced them, then "retested" and passed it. Now it shows on the record that he's the kind of owner who only replaces their tyres when someone tells them to, rather than through active maintenance.
      No, they don’t do that kind of thing there. Eminently trustworthy garage that I’ve used for years

In fact, the only time I’ve taken one of my cars elsewhere was when they were temporarily closed due to bereavement a few years ago. The owner, Dave, died suddenly in his sleep early in the year. His son Jason, who'd worked there since leaving school (so around 1990, maybe - I remember him coming in the pub I worked in then, just over the road, for pints of Coke to take back over there when they were working late), took over the business. Then a couple of months later, his mother died too. And then a few months after that, his brother also died. He closed for a couple of weeks each time, but my Orion needed some work doing just around the time his brother died so I had to take it to another place.

Comment

In passing-of-the-seasons news, it was still quite light at six this evening

Off to the shops shortly.

Comment

back from the land of the golightlys.
          feck me, i never seen so many hugely fat people as i've seen in the last week.
          i stayed in a premier inn, with (as usual) a steak housey place attached.
          jeez .

oh, consider all your posts 'liked' 'coz i can't be arsed.

@brillo - feck off with your 'whining' comments. - you're the bampot who fell off a pushbike and whinged constantly about it, you big girl's blouse

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            jeez .

@brillo - feck off with your 'whining' comments. - you're the bampot who fell off a pushbike and whinged constantly about it, you big girl's blouse

welcome back!

Do you have to return next week?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

welcome back!

Do you have to return next week?
              unfortunately, yes.
              they haven't supplied an RSA token yet.
              it's in the post, apparently.
              probably being delivered by a golightly, so i won't hold my breath.
              on the up side, an old mate who i haven't seen for 16 years or so , lives nearby, so we had a few swallies and a catchup in the week

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Arghhh. Sitting on the tram having a nice journey till I read that. Am fooking starving now!!
                What is this tram thing? Don't tell me its a vehicle you actually have to drive yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  jeez .

Welcome back! Good to see you are still as whiney as ever - I was worried Yorkshire might have made you docile....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Tonight’s viewing was several episodes of Murder 24/7, following Essex plod as they investigated the murder of a lowlife by a bunch of other lowlifes, and then a very sad case involving a bloke and his elderly and severely demented mother

Goodnight all
                    Post 323276 was the first of the day - will tpd see 100 posts today?

Comment

flat's warming up slowly.
                      currently 17.8 here.
                      brrrrrrrr.

fortunately, there's still glenmorangie. <hic>

vera, later, i think, then an early night 'cos i'm fecking jacobs.

ho, hum.

Comment

Working...
                      X