• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If you stopped winning you would have loads more energy.

Though not as much as if you switched to ketchup.....
    i'll never stop winning, - it's what i do best

Comment

In honour of the Pie Week thing, tea has been steak & kidney pie and chips

This was obtained from the place up the road that used to be Sal Zarcone’s excellent chippy, and recently reopened for the umpteenth time under yet more new management. I was not impressed; the chips had been standing around too long, though I think they were actually good enough chips when first made. And they somehow managed to imbue an almost glutinous quality into the base of the pie; it was a Pukka Pie, obviously, but not at its best by any means

Next time, I’ll make the rather longer journey to the place that used to be Jessop’s HQ instead.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        How ghastly. Does one have to spend time with them?
        Only if they're on care in the community duty

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In honour of the Pie Week thing, tea has been steak & kidney pie and chips

This was obtained from the place up the road that used to be Sal Zarcone’s excellent chippy, and recently reopened for the umpteenth time under yet more new management. I was not impressed; the chips had been standing around too long, though I think they were actually good enough chips when first made. And they somehow managed to imbue an almost glutinous quality into the base of the pie; it was a Pukka Pie, obviously, but not at its best by any means

Next time, I’ll make the rather longer journey to the place that used to be Jessop’s HQ instead.
          I'm fairly sure your home made chips are far superior to any provided from a fast food establishment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Only if they're on care in the community duty

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I'm fairly sure your home made chips are far superior to any provided from a fast food establishment
              Ah, but it’s not possible to make chips at home that are like those from chip shops, any more than it’s possible for a chip shop to make chips that are like the ones Chinese takeaways make. These are deep mysteries, but the fact is that if you want chip shop chips, you have to go to a chip shop

Comment

If anybody is in London and wants excellent chips for a bargain price visit LSE at the Garrick, downstairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
                  If anybody is in London and wants excellent chips for a bargain price visit LSE at the Garrick, downstairs.
                  Good to know, much appreciated

Comment

Tea: M&S chunky breaded haddock, orange segments and custard, 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Bloodwork" with that Clinton Eastwood character.

Rather good, I thought.

Now watching the Septic invasion of Saipan.

Not a bundle of laughs it must be said.

Those Pacific Island invasions were insane.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight’s viewing-while-dining was the latest episode of Hospital on iPlayer, which this week is up at Alder Hey, the children’s hospital in Liverpool. It was there when I was a kid but I was lucky enough never to need to go there, or at least not that I recall.

And later, Forbrydelsen S2E5. The plot thickens…

I’m getting an early night as today’s early start and all the walking about has left me quite tired - in a good way, though, not merely knackered. I need to walk more

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X