• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airport is well quiet but boarding is mildly shambolic.

Only just made it on account of Friday afternoon traffic being pretty much back to normal

Comment

Quite sunny here now

As I can't be bothered to drive to any shops, I may have to pop down the road to the Co-op for a few bits and bobs. I'll wait a bit though, just in case I remember any additional bits (or bobs) that need getting

Comment

Turns out Iceland have gone back to opening until 7pm and are also noticeably cheaper on the Maris Pipers, so I managed a considerably shorter pop there instead

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          married, Nurse Gladys lookalike?

The Wife (tm)?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Entertainment: Bit of the commentary on "Phone Booth" which came close to sending me to sleep.

Then "Hidden Wales" on BBC1W, featuring Parys Mountain in Anglesey which was a copper mine, at one time the largest in the world, Swansea "Copperopolis, at one time producing 50% of the world's refined copper, and the Dinas Silica Mine in Pontneddfechan which produced the Dinas Fire Brick of world renown.

Naturally enough it's all gone now.

The lunatic went cave diving in the Dinas Silica Mine, and went down into the Parys Mountain workings.

Now watching "Secret Nazi Bases" on Yesterday, about dear old Adolph's obsession with Guernsey.

Organisation Todt certainly knew how to pour concrete.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dinner was thai chilli lamb (delivered)
              and a nice Rioja.
              ents: - more farscape, though it's beginning to be based on weird planets and plots from cowboy movies.
              cheaper i suppose, but naff.
              oh, well.................

Comment

I endured the wretched task of cleaning the deep fat fryer earlier, which I'd been putting off for far too long. Hopefully I will reap my reward in the chip department in a bit

Comment

and did the overweight philosophical cleric enjoy his shower??

those things from the dark crystal are in farscape now.
                  who nicked what from whom??

Comment

Entertainment(continued): "The curious life and death of Lizzie Borden" on Smithsonian.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Entertainment(continued): "The curious life and death of Lizzie Borden" on Smithsonian.
                      I've followed Dr. Lindsey Fitzharris on Twitter for years and bought her book, and she's made a few appearances in Monday Links. Good to see her finally getting a TV show

Comment

Working...
                      X