• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Tiddley pom ti pom
    Alzheimer's Theme tune?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

Weather - grey, rainy, 7 degrees

Breakfast - Bran Flakes, Crunchy Nut combo, orange juice, coffee, 2 brown toast

TP Count - 10 + that annoying little amount that isn't enough for a full wipe, but too much to throw away

Hand Wash Count - 4 including shower

Covid-19 Symptoms - None

Visit to CostCo later

Lunch - ?
      Married

Comment

Morning all

Wet and windy out.

Not a great nights sleep thanks to Dog who is poorly and kept throwing up every few hours. Thankfully our vets open on a Sunday so will be giving them a call shortly.

Plus I have tooth ache, so that will be a trip to the dentist tomorrow. Breakfast has been coffee and Ibruprophen.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

After passing out on the sofa for a bit, waking up with a stinker of a headache, I was in bed by 2130.

HWMBO got himself a takeaway delivered for a late dinner.

I am now back in the land of the living with only a mild headache for company.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Tonight’s first piece of entertainment, if that’s the right word, was Threads (TV Movie 1984), which I’d never seen before; this was the recent restored HD version on Blu-ray. Very heavy stuff

And to follow, a rewatch of Jason Bourne (2016). As the title subtly hints, this is a Jason Bourne film, so it’s like that.

Windy out again, but apparently the rain won’t start until morning

Goodnight all
            The first is enough to make you top yersen.

I wonder if the bluray makes it any more cheerful.

Morning all

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Full on murrain of beasts.

Not windy.

Sunless.

Sunday apparently, judging by what the wireless is droning on about.

Can't remember if I've watched the Bourne thing.

Oh:

This evening's televisual epics have included a thing about D Day on Yesterday, 5 minutes of "Jason Bourne" until I figured out I'd seen it before,
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 March 2020, 09:34.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning
              grey
              windy
              Sunday

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, showery day out; about 8°C at the moment

Still letting the fresh air in though, as the novelty hasn’t yet worn off

Comment

The first is enough to make you top yersen.

I wonder if the bluray makes it any more cheerful.
                  I wouldn’t say so, no

Can't remember if I've watched the Bourne thing.
                  I knew I’d watched it before, but couldn’t remember much. After a few minutes I’d remembered a fair chunk of the story, but couldn’t be bothered to find something else to watch, given how long I’d dithered before settling for it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I wouldn’t say so, no

I knew I’d watched it before, but couldn’t remember much. After a few minutes I’d remembered a fair chunk of the story, but couldn’t be bothered to find something else to watch, given how long I’d dithered before settling for it
                    I find it a bit odd that someone would make a bluray of a 35 year old SD tv programme, but what do I know?

Dithering is good.

It lets you find all the duplicate dvds you've got stacked up everywhere and there's still nothing to watch.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I find it a bit odd that someone would make a bluray of a 35 year old SD tv programme, but what do I know?
                      It was shot on 16mm film, which was scanned at 2K for the Blu-ray

Comment

Working...
                      X