• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    In the good old days if you blinked you would miss an important post...
    There were important posts on here?

Were they all from that zeitghost chap?

Comment

Yay, change freeze just put in for the foreseeable future, whilst the hospital deals with Covid-19.

That means my project is on hold, and there's naff all on in support right now. Back to tossing it off and wasting time on CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        oh, yeh.
        the popup window that pops up off screen so you cant access it?
        that popup window?

bloody interweb devs.
        pizza munching spotties, the lot of them.

bah.
        Not saying the popup is a good solution in the first place, but whoever wrote the JavaScript has no control whatsoever over where the popup appears. The blame lies either with the OS, or with the browser failing to correctly use the OS’s window creation routine.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Not saying the popup is a good solution in the first place, but whoever wrote the JavaScript has no control whatsoever over where the popup appears. The blame lies either with the OS, or with the browser failing to correctly use the OS’s window creation routine.
          But definetly not the bloke who coded it. Absolutely not. Remind me again who was that?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Actually I might be wrong: I thought browsers stopped paying attention to window positioning parameters, but it looks as if maybe they still do. Just checking if the vBulletin code uses them… no, it doesn’t, so it’s yer browser/OS

Comment

But definetly not the bloke who coded it. Absolutely not. Remind me again who was that?

Some employee of the company that makes vBulletin, I assume

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Booze is only antiseptic if it's over 60% alcohol.
                I wasn't thinking of doing anything other than drink it.

There's a litre of isopropanol somewhere, and two bottles of surgical spirit upstairs in the bathroom cabinet.

I bought another 2 litres of Southern Comfort whilst out shopping in Morfa Retail Park in Ye Greate Metropolise of Swansea.

And a lenovo chromebook, and some stuff from B&Q, and some sort of pc fixit thing from Currys.

Expensive afternoon by my standards.

I haven't felt overly wonderful all day, so I dunno what's brewing.

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                There were important posts on here?

Were they all from that zeitghost chap?

Unlikely: they mostly seemed to be about various Cunning Plans for World Domination* that inevitably were doomed to failure, sucking up to The Master, baiting The Wig Wearing War Criminal, and suchlike dross.

*However considering recent events, maybe one of his Cunning Plans might just have worked.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 March 2020, 16:02.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Right, that's enough of that. Time to clear off out of here.

(work, not TPD)

Comment

You are 34th on the list of tpd posters: -

AndyGarbs 1,006

You really should give up having a life to drivel more here....
                    Millenium for me
                    Married

Comment

Married

Comment

Working...
                      X