• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

I appear to have recovered from the hangover which I think was an accumulation of two weeks of imbibing more alcohol that I would normally manage. Just one more week to go and then I'll be back to my more abstemious ways. My jeans still fit, which is a bonus.

Two zoom calls today - I usually avoid these but showing willing for once.

Comment

Morning denizens

Mostly cloudy out, but mild enough at 13°C

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Morning denizens

Mostly cloudy out, but mild enough at 13°C
        feck me! You're up early

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          feck me! You're up early
          I know! It’s all go here…

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            It just annoys me when people provide a biased view. Apparently the British invented Empires, Slavery, Concentration camps and racial discrimination. All the European countries 800 BC - 1945 AD were building Empires, just as the Persians liked a bit of invasion into Greece or Genghis Khan murdered across Eastern Europe.
            Don't forget Alexander the Great.

Though his empire didn't exactly last a long time.

Freecell score: 88% despite a bad start , running average 83%.

Lunch: poached tomato (last of the rather sweeter cherry tomatoes though they were getting a bit close to their EOL) with scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower seed and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, corner yogurt thing, 0.91 pints of rather better Glengettie tea than this morning's stewed offering.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 May 2020, 11:46.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Breakfast - usual

Linner - Papa Johns

Changed bedding and curtains, now living room and bedroom match !!! when i wake up i will not know what room i am in !!
              Married

Comment

Changed bedding and curtains, now living room and bedroom match !!!
                Funny how we fill our time with little obsessions at the mo. Just swapped the blue Carex hand wipe bottle in the loo with a green one cos it matched the brown tiles better. Bor....................ing!

Still, off for a walk with a loony lady friend soon, hope she hasn't found out I went on the same walk with the other loony lady friend yesterday.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

First zoom done. Only 40 mins due to a free account being used and little desire to extend it.

About to pop out to M&S - hopefully dodging what looks potentially like rain coming. I also want to clear a pile of clippings from the garden if the weather holds.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Still, off for a walk with a loony lady friend soon, hope she hasn't found out I went on the same walk with the other loony lady friend yesterday.

**Xoggy** the Michael Hutchence of CUK!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Trip to M&S mostly successful. No papaya or fish paste, as expected, but all other provisions and a nice bunch of flowers procured. Rain has stayed away.

HWMBO is on a family zoom call, I'm spying from behind the camera where it's safe.

Will pop out to sort bits in the garden soon

Comment

Working...
                      X