• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWMBO is cooking recovery food.

Basically a big Yorkshire pudding filled with sausauges, bacon, eggs and other yummy comestibles.

I was supposed to be making the bloody Mary's to go with it but neither of us are particularly in the mood.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      It was shot on 16mm film, which was scanned at 2K for the Blu-ray
      Aha!

How much resolution is attainable from 16mm film? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Thanks for that.

I wouldn’t say so, no
      I think I'll pass on watching it again.

I was bored tulipless with "The Day After" which is the Septic version of the thing, with the advantage that you can watch the Minutemen launch as well as the Red nukes explode.

<hiatus>

Sun's out.

<hiatus>

Lunch: roast leg of lamb: the most oddly butchered leg of lamb I've ever encountered though it tasted ok & roasted nicely, a rice pud done to a turn this week, which made a pleasant change, 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Yum.

Now off to do the Sunday afternoon shop, assuming there's anything left to buy, like.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 March 2020, 13:53.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I was bored tulipless with "The Day After" which is the Septic version of the thing, with the advantage that you can watch the Minutemen launch as well as the Red nukes explode.
        I’ve got that on DVD but haven’t watched it yet; and the BFI’s HD remaster of The War Game too. All good, cheerful stuff

Comment

I’ve got that on DVD but haven’t watched it yet; and the BFI’s HD remaster of The War Game too. All good, cheerful stuff
          Aye, you can't beat a good apocalypse now and again.

Comment

Aye, you can't beat a good apocalypse now and again.
            Oh, not forgetting When the Wind Blows

Comment

I'd quite forgotten that, along with "Whoops! Apocalypse".

Whoops Apocalypse (TV Series 1982– ) - IMDb

or the inferior feature film:

Whoops Apocalypse (1986) - IMDb

I sometimes wonder how we managed to survive the 1980s.

I suppose many alternate realities are radioactive deserts.

Sunday shop done, dusted, covered in bleach, & put away.

Not hide nor hair of a toilet roll in either Morrisons or Tesco.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 March 2020, 15:43.

Comment

Much excitement preparing lunch today when I discovered that the “New!” (their emphasis) M&S Old English 90% pork sausages, which I’d assumed came in a pack of eight normal-sized sausages, were in fact four sausages of remarkable length. Undaunted, I fried up a couple of them, then sandwiched them in buttered sesame bloomer toast. No sauce; very tasty. Quite a decent sausage overall

Comment

I'd quite forgotten that, along with "Whoops! Apocalypse".
                  I saw it at what used to be Phoenix Arts and is now the Sue Townsend Theatre* with my then GF, the physicist. Then we went over the road to a favourite, long-since-gone pub, and sat there in bleak contemplation of what we’d just seen

*Sue Townsend was writer in residence there in the late 1970s-early 1980s, where she started writing some stuff about the diary of Nigel Mole, a boy 12¾ years of age. She ended up changing his name to Adrian to avoid confusion with Nigel Molesworth, and bumped his age up by a year, and the rest is history

Comment

Now off to do the Sunday afternoon shop, assuming there's anything left to buy, like.
                    Try the vegan section...

Comment

I have written all the instructions and fired off a lengthy email to the plebs taking over.

Now doing my Open Uni assignment that's due on Tuesday.

The brunch HWMBO made was very tasty. I added spicy beetroot ketchup as made by The Foraging Fox which cut through the fat nicely.

It's looking highly likely that our weekend trip to Tirana is going to be cancelled as the FCO are now saying people should only travel there if absolutely essential.

Waiting game now on to see if BA cancel (cash refund) or if we have to cancel (voucher issued). Have to cancel the hotel no later than 48 hours out so I suspect it will be us blinking first.

Comment

Working...
                      X