• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freecell score: 90%, running average 83%.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons pumkin seed wholemeal () toast, beetroot sandwich, bramble jelly sandwich, 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea to help the wholemeal go down my gullet.

Underpants out of the TD, shirts in the TD, shirts out of the TD, cottons in the WM, about to go in the TD, jeans about to go in the WM.

Once the tea is endrunken, the shirts will receive a little ironing where absoluckingfutely necessary.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all.

Chucking it down here and the back gutter is dripping, which is fecking annoying.

How are you all doing?

Comment

Currently trying to get out of this fecking boring permie job. Well, getting out is easy enough - having something to jump to is more tricky. The market seems absolutely dead right now, possibly unsurprisingly.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          My bin day Friday too. Is this a new rule for tpd posters?
          Friday bin day here too.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            Currently trying to get out of this fecking boring permie job. Well, getting out is easy enough - having something to jump to is more tricky. The market seems absolutely dead right now, possibly unsurprisingly.
            Fully understandable - the market seems dire even in areas that (like mine) are booming.. No one wishes to commit to anything by the looks of it.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              Afternoon all.

Chucking it down here and the back gutter is dripping, which is fecking annoying.

How are you all doing?
              You may need to go see the doctor about that?

Comment

Daily update

Weather - still raining, 6 degrees

Lunch - Fish, Chips, Mushy Peas

Health - bit of a cold

Candy Crush Saga - Level 1708
                Married

Comment

Mundane laundry is on, and has been for a while, so should be finished fairly soon

I popped out to retrieve the recycling bin, discovering in the process that it’s even more cold and wet and horrible out there than it looks from in here

And lunch has been a ham sandwich (sesame bloomer) with a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Lunch was cheese spread on toast (2 slices) and Mrs CB has just arrived home. We're enjoying a nice mug of Lapsang Souchong.

It's still miserable out there and not helping my mood. Luckily I have a referral to our local mental health trust for my ongoing anxiety problems.

Comment

Cottons out of the TD.

I discovered why there seemed so few: I forgot to do the pillowslips.

Jeans currently in the WM though the hiking socks managed to escape being washed this week despite being put ready.

Mr Hewlett and Mr Packard got a mention on the wireless just before 14:00 in that Stanley Tucci programme about California, so did Stanford, but no mention of Frederick Terman.

Frederick Terman - Wikipedia

Monday's programme introduces the founder of Silicon Valley as Silicon Valley, namely William Shockley.

If he'd been a better boss the industry wouldn't have developed the way it did because of The Traitorous Eight.

Traitorous eight - Wikipedia

No Intel which would make AtW happy.

Probably no AMD either.

BBC Radio 4 - The Californian Century, The Good Fight

Jeans are out of the WM and in the TD.

Only another hour or so and all will be done.

I'm going down town on the bus again today.

I may be some time.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 February 2020, 14:37.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X