• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some further tidying and shredding done, and the laundry is on

Comment

Aren't Saturdays long when you get up before lunchtime?

Nothing to do (well, loads to do, but I don't feel like doing any of it) and still three hours until it's time to go to the Chinese

Comment

Having finished reading "Enemies Within", all 500 or so pages of it, we are now on to "An Inconvenient Death" by Miles Goslett, being a retelling of the unfortunate demise of one Dr. David Kelly.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Passing the time by re-reading some of Dorothy Parker's late 1920s book reviews for the New Yorker, which has led me to the story of the alleged kidnapping of Evangelical preacher Aimee Semple McPherson: Reported kidnapping of Aimee Semple McPherson - Wikipedia

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the Chinese
              And very nice, as always

After the constant downpour earlier, it turned very sunny for the last couple of hours or so before sunset

Still not very warm out there, though.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                In the Chinese
                What did you have?

I toyed with getting an Indian or Thai takeaway but ended up foraging in the freezer

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  we are now on to "An Inconvenient Death" by Miles Goslett, being a retelling of the unfortunate demise of one Dr. David Kelly.
                  Well we found that quite inneresting.

Apparently "they"'ve dug him up & cremated the remains to make sure no further forensic examination is possible.

You'd almost think there was some kind of conspiracy going on.

I wonder exactly what "they"'re so tulip scared of us finding out.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    What did you have?

I toyed with getting an Indian or Thai takeaway but ended up foraging in the freezer
                    Chicken and sweetcorn soup, crispy aromatic lamb, and beef chow mein

Comment

This evening's previously unwatched major motion picture was The Prestige (2006), concerning a feud between some Victorian prestidigitationists, with Tesla (who I didn't realise was played by David Bowie, but he was) making an appearance with some technology that was impossible even for Tesla, and Michael Caine coming along for the ride. Quite enjoyable I thought, if one's willing to suspend enough disbelief to go along with it; a bit like Now You See Me in that respect

And after that, as I fancied a bit of ridiculous mayhem, a rewatch of the extremely ridiculous and mayhemmy London Has Fallen (2016). Apparently some critics thought it was lacking in depth and excessively violent. What did they expect? Wordsworth among the daffodils?

By the by, IMDb has had a bug in the rendering of its search results for several weeks now whereby it repeats the querystring on links, such as (cut from the London Has Fallen link before pasting) ?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1. It doesn't break anything because that's an irrelevant querystring that they misuse for the purpose of tracking internal link usage, which was a thoroughly incompetent way of doing so when they first started doing that some years ago, and browsers are engineered to cope with incompetence from websites nowadays. But it just goes to show that if you start out by using incompetent techniques on your website, you'll end up with a website built in such an incompetent manner that you look like a laughing stock in the eyes of the world

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X