• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to decide if I need an SQL expert to help, or see if I can work it out myself...

I have a table which I'm pivoting 4 fields (out of hundreds) that are of interest. Pivoting on 1 to get the sum of another based on the third (works perfectly), but also want to have a count of the distinct records on the 4th field.

I know how to do a count of the distinct records, but can't think right now how to get that on the same output as the pivot.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all night shift over. Breakfast/ dinner consumed. TFBSZ?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

morning all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Colder.

Dry, currently.

Bit polleny.

I wonder if the brave little soldier next door is still in his bed, poor lamb.

He needs a good kick up the arse.

My mate was definitely right.

Ho fecking hum.

I wish I'd listened.

Off out shortly to get some hdmi leads for the new televisual acquisition.

I have boxes full of leads and none of them are hdmi.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey but dry and fairly mild out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Morning denizens

Grey but dry and fairly mild out
              Gosh, up a bit early this morning.

Fairly mild?

Having wandered down & around town I think I'd class it as fecking freezing.

Gloves were necessary.

In fecking May.

In other news, I had to buy some sewing needles today, since the rusty one I found in the vac wasn't really doing the business any more.

Ironically, the Strangelove Mater's Singer sewing machine was replete with said items which, had I thought, would have saved me at least £2.50.

There was a nice silver thimble there too, which was rather more stylish than the crap one I bought in Wilko's this morning. .

And have I mentioned finding my Grandmother's toasting fork in a black bin bag down in next door's garage?

It took oodles of phosphoric acid to get it back in a presentable state.

I have no idea why I bothered since I have nothing on which to toast bread whilst using it, it's just sentimentality.

Currently debating what to do with the afternoon, since the lawns are mown.

I suppose pulling up all the goosegrass/cleavers/sticky willy would be a start.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 May 2019, 11:03.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

And have I mentioned finding my Grandmother's toasting fork in a black bin bag down in next door's garage?

It took oodles of CocaCola to get it back in a presentable state.
                ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  ftfy

Things go better with Coke.

Lunch was a Ginsters Cornish Pasty (Morrisons, reduced), Heinz baked beans on thick sunflower seeded toast (Morrisons, unreduced), with a third of a Morrisons pork pie (reduced).

It was all Very Nice.

No sign of the next door neighbours.

Maybe they've gone out.

They spend a lot of time Gone Out, probably to avoid me.

Comment

Links are up, if you're trying to find something to do now all your toasting forks are clean

Comment

And feeling most refreshed after an early(ish) night and a good, deep sleep

I was pretty knackered, though: up early for the hotel breakfast on Saturday, long drive home after the conference, then a late night watching nonsense followed by a rude awakening when the chap phoned to tell me the Orion was gone had all left me feeling seriously knackered.

Fairly mild?

Having wandered down & around town I think I'd class it as fecking freezing.

Gloves were necessary.

In fecking May.
                      That was based on an assessment of how chilly the outside seemed when I opened the kitchen window. As there's no breeze blowing in and I didn't immediately close it again because the air coming in was too cold, I decided it was "mild". Looking at the weather app, it seems we're a couple of degrees or so warmer than your neck of the woods at the moment

Comment

Working...
                      X