• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buttered wholemeal toast for lunch

Comment

Well things seem to have brightened up a bit, and no rain materialised (yet).

Barometer is now up to 1018 mBar.

Comment

The wild rose in the front garden has been duly hacked to pieces.

By this time next year it'll be exactly the same size as it was before I started.

Privet hedges trimmed.

Tea: more of yesterday's rather meh beef, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The reason for the difficulty in finding pudding rice in Morrisons and Tesco is due to it being out of stock.

Sainsburys apparently have some but it's in that Swansea.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 July 2020, 17:07.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Went for a short walk to M&S and back. I wasn't especially enthused but at least it means I moved about a bit today.

Lovely, warm and sunny out. Just a light breeze.

Bin trundled as it was convenient to do so while out and about. Recycling will go out on Thursday as it's not full enough yet.

Comment

Turned into a sunny day here too, though it's only 17°C and the breeze through the window feels a bit nippy here on the dark side of the house. It's nice in the kitchen though

Comment

it's CBSwFB here again, now.
              dinner was more fish stew, which is surprisingly (to me) delicious.
              and the other half of the Rioja (consumed over the course of the evening)
              ents will be endeavour.

the saga of the care services continues, leaving me with an overwhelming urge to find a Tory, and punch him 'till my arms get tired!*

*being a drummer of over fifty years standing, my arms don't get tired.

Comment

Entertainment: HSB S3 E3 "Heat Rash" wherein our heroes are bathed in 100 degree heat (that's F degrees or they'd cook).

HSB S3 E4 "Rain of Terror"

Roswell: New Mexico S1 E11"Champagne Supernova".
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Spag bol out of the freezer for tea. Very nice, thanks to the frankly excessive quantity of spices I used when making it

I still haven't used up the spaghetti I already had before the panic buying started

Comment

Left overs from yesterday for tea.
                    Along with another slice of very tasty rhubarb and ginger cake.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Left overs from yesterday for tea.
                      Along with another slice of very tasty rhubarb and ginger cake.
                      I have some rhubarb in the freezer. I have been pondering what to do with it as it's been stewed with ginger and vanilla and is essentially ready for "something".

I also have two portions of stewed apple in the freezer. The obvious pairing may have to happen at some point.

Comment

Working...
                      X