• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    HSB S2 now concluded.

S3 next.
    oh, no! he's catching up!

Comment

I'm getting sleepy and just realised that I've not yet made the bed.

Comment

No Chinese tonight

I was getting something working which was driving me up the wall, due to having to work around a plethora of flaws in a third-party product. Finally got the damn thing to come to heel at 21:50, having been wrestling with it continuously for several hours, and decided I couldn't be bothered to walk up there

But it's working now, and that's the main thing

Comment

Got tired of the UFO nonsense.

WTF is wrong with putting caps lock where it's supposed to be on a fecking chrome book?

And why doesn't it remember the brightness setting instead of frying my fecking eyeballs every time I turn it on?
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea ended up being lamb scouse out of the freezer, with bits of wholemeal bread and sesame bloomer

Now to work out what to watch. As it's July 4th, the obvious thing is Independence Day, but I don't want to

Comment

Tonight's main feature was a rewatch of Limitless (2011), in which a drug unlocks the unused 80% (percentage may vary with different varieties of neurobollocks) of the brain that we do, in fact, use. It's a pretty good film if you ignore the failure of the initial premise, and at least it doesn't go off into utterly deranged territory like Lucy

And then E2 and E3 of the rewatch of S1 of Hanna in the cunningly concealed UHD rendering. Good stuff, and if you were wondering, it's about twenty minutes into E2 that it starts diverging noticeably from the storyline of the original (and most excellent) film, though I'd say it doesn't branch off completely until S3

Thanks to the local lockdown, there haven't been any disturbances outside from raucous drunkards making their way home from the reopened pubs and clubs, because none of the pubs and clubs have reopened. The police helicopter was out and about very close by for a while, but that chimed in well with what I was watching

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                Mrs CB is camping out in the garden with the CovKids tonight as part of a Guides thing. Poor devil - good luck to her!
                How did the Girls' Glamping turn out? Bit chilly and very blustery overnight here in Surreyshire...
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

LG OLED hung on full motion wall mount (dot 'n dab and into chimney brick - SDS drill made light of that!). My golly, but the UHD offerings from Beeb, Netflix look great. I actually managed to watch more than 1 episode of a series before getting bored...

Man-maths converted Covid-19 petrol savings made from not using Greta for 3 months into this "thing on the wall". Won't be long before Miss Thunberg appears on it and I'll have to switch her off...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I preferred "Lucy" which probly says something or other.

Morning all

Dry. As in it's not raining currently.

Grey.

Hint of blue sky other side of the valley boyo, there's tidy then.

Windy.

Cold, though it is 18.9 in here it feels colder.

Sunday judging by the alternative crap emitted by the wireless.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Good morning fine peeps

Blue sky, some fluffy clouds scurrying along. Currently 19 degrees, forecast of 20 later, no precipitation expected. Barometer dropped slightly to 1008 mBar.

As I'll be down on the Sussex coast for most of the day: the temperature there is currently 17 degrees, forecast high of 20, sunshine and clouds, much stronger winds.

Just having a coffee and then I'll be off.

Comment

Working...
                      X