• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After my knee operation, I was forced to buy a crutch before I could leave. Which I never used. And they would not take back - I have paid for it.

I think eventually I found a charity shop to take it.

When I had my accident, I used some walking sticks.

Just had lunch. Mackerel salad.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Just had lunch!

Sardines on toast!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Allegedly your local pharmacy should be able to help.

It does seem odd how the NHS fail to recover medicines and medical devices when someone passes away. My FIL had a number of items (wheelchair, crutches, bed etc.) the NHS didn't seem to want back. You would of thought arranging a man in a van to pop round up to a fortnight after passing would save a fortune and they could collect the surplus drugs. Instead MIL was chasing them in her grief.
          Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The local pharmacy refused to take them, called the GP for advice they said go to your pharmacy! Even the hospice where she died wasn't interested.

I have heard how equipment that can so easily be cleaned for reuse is never collected (or their return encouraged) followed by complaints about shortages because they're not returned
          I took Strangelove Pater's commode back to the NHS refurbishment place in Morriston once I'd found out where the feck it was.

The boxes of bandages and drugs* were either incinerated by me or returned to the pharmacy for disposal.

*Apart from the Good Stuff of course. Though I'm unlikely to run out of paracetamol for a good while yet.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Links are up

Comment

Off out to Halfords AutoCentre soon

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Off out to Halfords AutoCentre soon
                Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I have the same. Pain killers have little effect on me. Tramadol is my preferred pain killer - most other have little effect.

It also means cannabis and cocaine have no effect on me. Very disappointing....
                  i took tramadol once, room was spinning for about 2 hours
                  Married

Comment

Walk up the cem done.

Took a 4 pint container today so the gallon of water only took 2 trips to the tap & back.

The overnight rain was in evidence, seems to have washed a fair number of pine needles down the gutters.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dropped the car at Halfords, but they don’t let you wait there now so I walked up to the station and down into town. Most places closed. The market is mostly deserted but for a small cluster of stallholders in the middle, from one of whom I got carrots and onions

Now sat on a bench in a Georgian square off New Walk by the museum and art gallery, waiting for a phone call to tell me the car’s ready - the place is just around the corner from here

Comment

Working...
                      X