• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry (as in no current precipitation).

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary (until the sun comes out).

Sunless.

Grey.

Humid.

Close.

Tuesday by all accounts though who the feck knows any more?

Turned out the miniature rose & maidenhair fern in the porch had been overwatered & overflowed onto some cellulose washingup pads which were then infested with black mould.

Cleaned up the porch, emptied the excess water onto the lawn, dropped the hideous ceramic bowl thing the fern pot was sitting in so that rather less of it remains, but sufficient to put the pot back in, found the two slugs that had been eating stuff & introduced them to the wonders of the lawn, put everything back a bit cleaner than it was.

'Tis all go in Strangelove towers this morning.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The parking space over the road has been taken

I need some kind of camera / drone system to monitor the street so I don't have to keep running up and and down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        The parking space over the road has been taken

I need some kind of camera / drone system to monitor the street so I don't have to keep running up and and down the stairs.
        Hire rogerfederer, he drones a lot.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You'd think with all that stalking of my place that NLUK does, he'd at least keep a parking space clear for me.

Comment

...Barometer has held steady at 1,104 mBar...
            Methinks 1014 mBar...

FYI - 1016 is the low boundary point for "a high pressure"...rising up from 1016 usually means "settled weather".

I used to lecture in Meterology when I was instructing at RCYC.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              'Tis all go in Strangelove towers this morning.
              Now it's BT trying to find some unspecified fault on the line after the upgrade to FTTC.

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Hire rogerfederer, he drones a lot.
              Thankfully I put the twat on the ignore list.

SAS without the s

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              Methinks 1014 mBar...

FYI - 1016 is the low boundary point for "a high pressure"...rising up from 1016 usually means "settled weather".

I used to lecture in Meterology when I was instructing at RCYC.
              1012 here on my vaguely calibrated DDR aneroid.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Grunt. Grumble. Groan.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Grunt. Grumble. Groan.
                  Old age pal.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You'd think with all that stalking of my place that NLUK does, he'd at least keep a parking space clear for me.

who do you think is parked in it? NLyUK has him servicing 'odds' this morning on evens this afternoon. Say hello when he passes.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      who do you think is parked in it? NLyUK has him servicing 'odds' this morning on evens this afternoon. Say hello when he passes.
                      GPWM. It is a pretty naff car, out of odds with all the usual ones that frequent these parts.

Comment

Working...
                      X