• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all nice earlier, but the wind has picked up and it's getting chilly out.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

In with the hoi polloi

Good deed of the day: showing one of the hoi polloi how to do the 3 finger salute Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Stone me.

He's now looking at FB.

And off he trots.

That's almost as good as the "how do you get a capital S" Esteemed Customer of yore.

Though IIRC that genius didn't need to do the three fingered salute on that box.

And the next customer had to go to the desk to find out wot to do.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 January 2020, 10:24.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        In with the hoi polloi

Good deed of the day: showing one of the hoi polloi how to do the 3 finger salute Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Stone me.

He's now looking at FB.
        no good deed ever goes unpunished

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          no good deed ever goes unpunished
          But not for long.

And the next incumbent has now buggered off.

And now, so am I.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 January 2020, 10:53.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Rubbish. You are missing HWMBO....
            Maybe tomorrow

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, dry, 7°C: you know the drill

Though apparently it might rain later

Another broken night’s sleep, once I finally managed to drop off, which itself took absolutely ages

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              I can't remember the last time I saw a Co-op shop.

The one in Neath went years ago.
              Ours has been there for donkey’s years; I used to shop there when I lived near here around 1990. It’s a 1920s or so style building, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was originally built by East Midlands Co-op, or whatever they were called back then.

There’s one in a suburb-that-used-to-be-a-village not too far away that’s being taken over by Morrisons in a month or so

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                the last time i used a co-op was in Basel in 2012.
                every morning i'd pick up breakfast and lunch, as it was just opposite clientco's offices.
                We've got two within shopping distance atm. and we use them a fair bit.

Only small but usually have a good selection of stuff, including fresh fruit and veg, and much better than your average corner shop. On a par with Sainsburys Local or Tesco Express. Not enough to do a full shop but useful for last minute bits and pieces or when you want stuff for dinner but don't have time to shop properly.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Well, it's a fair bit busier in Mancunia than it was last Thursday and Friday. Got the earlier tram and as a result no schoolkids. Fantastic, alarm recalibrated and should be able to get away from the office earlier in future as a result.

The Rock was on over the weekend, classic popcorn muncher of a movie.

LM Jr has been having a clearout; I've now inherited his PSP and associated games and movies - could prove handy with an upcoming trip to that London in the offing.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Morning denizens

Grey, dry, 7°C: you know the drill

Though apparently it might rain later

Another broken night’s sleep, once I finally managed to drop off, which itself took absolutely ages

Ours has been there for donkey’s years; I used to shop there when I lived near here around 1990. It’s a 1920s or so style building, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was originally built by East Midlands Co-op, or whatever they were called back then.

There’s one in a suburb-that-used-to-be-a-village not too far away that’s being taken over by Morrisons in a month or so
                    The Co-op have redesigned themselves around stores of a certain size. Above that size and the co-op store "concept" doesn't work so they try and offload the store to someone else instead.

Locally I have one co-op to the west of us (in the new Garden Village) which is probably suffering after an Aldi and M&S opened next door 18 months ago and in the shops in the "village" to the East we have 2 co-ops. One store is too big for the Co-op but too small for anyone else to want it so it remains a co-op. I should point out that I live within a half a mile of both - it's just this side of town is expanding rapidly out to the motorway.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There's a small Co-Op on Earl's Court Road. Often has good wine offers. It's in a much nicer condition than either of the Sainsbury's within walking distance of home but not quite as good selection as M&S Food.

Comment

Working...
                      X