• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to Iceland as I had no Yorkshire puds in stock. I always forget that shop’s there, even though it’s so close it’s got the same postcode

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Went to Iceland as I had no Yorkshire puds in stock. I always forget that shop’s there, even though it’s so close it’s got the same postcode
      Iceland 3: England 0.

I've never been to Iceland, is it good, like?

Tea was more of yesterday's roast beef followed by orange segments and unstewed apple segments with custard.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The evening's entertainment commenced with "The Philadelphia Experiment (2012)", which, despite its reviews on IMDB, turned out to be ok in its low budget way, I've watched much worse.

Now watching "My Darling Clementine (1946)" with that Henry Fonda character (and Victor Mature as Doc Holliday).
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Iceland 3: England 0.

I've never been to Iceland, is it good, like?
        It seems to be largely filled with frozen ready meals at a price which suggests the ingredients have been heavily processed to make them go a long way

Though they are the only source of Greggs products for home baking, so there’s that

And I daresay for various basic things one tends to buy frozen, such as peas and what-have-you, they're just as good as any other supermarket and maybe a bit cheaper.

Tea tonight has been roast beef, out of the freezer as I seem to have gone off having it in a bap for lunch at the moment, with the usual roast spuds etc. The main reason for this was that one of the heavily-reduced-to-clear-after-Christmas things I picked up from M&S was a tub of beef red wine gravy, and it Needed To Be Eaten™ today.

On reflection, I’m not sure why it was so reduced, as it’s not as if people stop eating roast beef after Christmas (DaveB notwithstanding) and it had plenty of time on its use-by. Anyway, it was a bit thin for my taste when it first came out of the tub, so I heavily reduced it (in volume, not price) on the hob until it was proper thick, and by then it was all very nice

Comment

It seems to be largely filled with frozen ready meals at a price which suggests the ingredients have been heavily processed to make them go a long way

Though they are the only source of Greggs products for home baking, so there’s that

And I daresay for various basic things one tends to buy frozen, such as peas and what-have-you, they're just as good as any other supermarket and maybe a bit cheaper.

Tea tonight has been roast beef, out of the freezer as I seem to have gone off having it in a bap for lunch at the moment, with the usual roast spuds etc. The main reason for this was that one of the heavily-reduced-to-clear-after-Christmas things I picked up from M&S was a tub of beef red wine gravy, and it Needed To Be Eaten™ today.

On reflection, I’m not sure why it was so reduced, as it’s not as if people stop eating roast beef after Christmas (DaveB notwithstanding) and it had plenty of time on its use-by. Anyway, it was a bit thin for my taste when it first came out of the tub, so I heavily reduced it (in volume, not price) on the hob until it was proper thick, and by then it was all very nice
          so even M&S reduced stuff has to be further reduced.
          however did we come to this?

oh, wailey wailey!

Comment

You don't make your own??

Shocked, I tell you, shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              You don't make your own??

Shocked, I tell you, shocked.
              I used to, but one day I was chatting to my butcher (this was during the very brief period that I lived in Cheltenham, where one has a butcher) while buying some extremely nice rib of beef and asked if he had any tips for making them, and he told me that he just got Aunt Bessie’s. As my then-partner had also told me I should just get those, I gave in and succumbed to convenience. To her credit, she didn’t say “Told you so” more than a couple of times

Anyway, I never have all the ingredients in nowadays. For example, I buy approximately one pint of milk a year, which I freeze in ice cube bags.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                so even M&S reduced stuff has to be further reduced.
                however did we come to this?

oh, wailey wailey!

Being M&S, they naturally make gravy for southerners, who for some reason like their gravy runny. Good, northern gravy needs to be thick, preferably served by the slice

Comment

Didn’t bother with any telly tonight. Instead, I took it upon myself to finally start reading Kafka’s The Trial. It’s weird

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Morning all
                      Overcast and murky out, but it's not raining right now.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X