• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping has been done. As is traditional at this time of year, the peasantry were causing holdups around the out-of-town retail park as they flocked to Currys, Primark, and Next. There should be a separate entrance for those who just want to get to the food bit of M&S, which is physically closest to the entrance yet requires the longest drive to get there

Anyway, I was too late for remaindered pigs in blankets. But there were a few other Christmas dishes greatly reduced, including the quality sausage meat, which is freezable and suitable for sausage rolls, so I got some of that along with a few other bits.

Sainsbury’s wasn’t too bad, though there wasn’t really anything in the way of post-festive booty to be had, or not that I wanted.

Having done all that and returned home, lunch has been a bowl of my Mum’s turkey soup, which was very nice as always

Not such a good harvest on the soup this year; I’ve got a couple more bowls' worth tucked away in the freezer though

Comment

Why do I get the feeling I am being watching? Its like I am on a cam somewhere......

Comment

I just found some building plans. Anyone missing any?

Comment

Battersea fatal shooting: Flamur Beqiri 'may have had criminal links' - BBC News

May have had criminal links? 4 quick shots then a gap then one more shot? Sounds like a slam dunk to me.

Comment

DD has just booked 2 university interviews for January. I only knew as I got the bill for the train tickets....

Comment

The bulb went in the bedroom, so I just changed it and got absolutely covered in dust bunnies* which had accreted on the lampshade over however many years it’s been since I last changed it

*Americanism, I know, but there doesn’t seem to be a Proper English equivalent

Comment

^^Your mum would be appalled.

Tea was M&S breaded haddock.

Nice enough.

Rounded off with stewed apple & custard along with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The bulb went in the bedroom, so I just changed it and got absolutely covered in dust bunnies* which had accreted on the lampshade over however many years it’s been since I last changed it

*Americanism, I know, but there doesn’t seem to be a Proper English equivalent
                  There isn't a word because it doesn't need one. It's just dust, made up of all the same stuff all dust comprises. Cutesying it up by adding 'bunnies' to the name doesn't make it a different thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    There isn't a word because it doesn't need one. It's just dust, made up of all the same stuff all dust comprises. Cutesying it up by adding 'bunnies' to the name doesn't make it a different thing.
                    yep, typical yankee disneyland gobsh1te.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      That’s all right then - I was worried that I’d somehow missed acquiring a part of my native vocabulary, but if it’s just Americans making tulip up, I won’t fret

Comment

Working...
                      X