• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I hope you told her you could not spy on the flat over the road tonight and could she take over?
    Since I rearranged the living room, I can’t see the flat over the road any more (unless I twist my head about 110° to the left, which prevents me seeing the telly). I get to spot the planes heading for EMA instead, when there are any

Comment

I received some post yesterday.

The birthday card I sent on Monday hasn't arrived yet, as far as I know.

I don't receive post every day in normal times so I wouldn't notice if deliveries were more sporadic.

More annoyingly, Amazon have yet to confirm despatch of the whiteboard I ordered for my office. They've not yet charged me for it either so I have little grounds for complaint. They have, however, charged me for the fan heater but not despatched that.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I received some post yesterday.

The birthday card I sent on Monday hasn't arrived yet, as far as I know.
        Correct, it hasn’t.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Email from the lady who runs the Neighbourhood Watch, who I would guess is in her late sixties or early seventies. She wants to know if I’m OK and if I need any help

Way to make me feel utterly decrepit, neighbour
          Reply to my reply to her. She informs me that Iceland has fairly decent stocks of everything, though fails to specify if this includes Greggs products. Might have to go and check

Comment

The Wife (tm) is still on calls.
            Nightingale is for those who will no longer be treated.
            Most local hospitals are getting wards set up similarly.
            The nurses are being trained - not in how to keep patients alive or help them to get better, but in how to wear and remove PPE.

Military level triage.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Military level triage.
              Hopefully sans the bullet holes & shrapnel injuries.

Sheets out of WM2 and out on the line, shirts out of the TD and ironed a bit where needed, towels on the end of the hot wash in WM1.

Smalls out of the TD still somewhat damp & airing in the front bedroom in the sun.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

In other news, I’ve just made about 2kg of rhubarb & ginger jam. Very early for it, but the rhubarb was ready, and I was able to get jam sugar.
                Almost burnt it, but it’s ok, although may be the most solid jam I’ve ever made.

Comment

"Jam sugar"?

Ain't that ordinary white granulated?
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    "Jam sugar"?

Ain't that ordinary white granulated?
                    It’s sugar with added pectin, to help the jam set.

Comment

You can make jam without jam sugar, using ordinary sugar, if you use a fruit that is high in pectin (such as lemon, apples, blackberries). Or you can add powdered pectin to normal sugar.

Comment

Working...
                      X