• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Fired up iPlayer. Now watching S1E1 of the original House of Cards.

Still not sure whether it’s fiction, based on reality of 1990, or set in some dystopian future 30 years hence.

So far, the new leader of the Tory party has made a speech about how the nation was divided, but we must all come together.
    Excellent stuff! One of my favourites, which I rewatch every couple of years

Which reminds me, I watched the first two episodes of The Final Cut (S3) recently, so I need to watch the other two

Later on in S1E1 there’s several scenes at the party conference. Look at the window of the room the Urquharts stay in, and you can just see the top of the A of the word “Grand” outside, for it was filmed at the Grand Hotel, Brighton. And some years ago, when I was down there for a conference and treated myself to a seaview room at the Grand, they gave me that very room

Comment

Tea has been pork chop, chips, peas, and gravy, and very nice too

It was the final pork chop from when I went to the market before Christmas. Which reminds me - I got a Waterstones gift card, so I need to go in to town and must stock up on chops, and indeed other things, from the meat market while I’m there.

Comment

Currently watching "Private Shultz (1981)" which stars Ian Richardson of "House of Cards" in a multiplicity of roles.

It's very funny in parts.

"Private Schulz" Episode #1.1 (TV Episode 1981) - IMDb
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ended up binging rather on Hanna-the-TV-series-not-the-film S1 tonight: E3 City (TV Episode 2019), E4 Father (TV Episode 2019), E5 Town (TV Episode 2019), and E6 Mother (TV Episode 2019)

One minor annoyance is that they’ve been incredibly careful to avoid letting any street name signs in shot, so I haven’t been able to work out where any of the UK locations are. So far I’ve spotted precisely two in scenes in the UK: Cow Lane, which is more common than you’d think and none of the six or so I checked out on Google Maps were it, and The Close, which isn’t even worth trying to find

I could be set down unexpectedly in Baltimore and lead a location tour for any season of The Wire straight away despite never having been there, so it’s very annoying not being able to work out so much as which British town Town is set in

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            I also discovered that I'd forgotten to take the papers down the dump.
            If you are taking the papers, could you take the rest of the media too?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Fired up iPlayer. Now watching S1E1 of the original House of Cards.

Still not sure whether it’s fiction, based on reality of 1990, or set in some dystopian future 30 years hence.

So far, the new leader of the Tory party has made a speech about how the nation was divided, but we must all come together.
              Its on iplayer! Wow! I must take a look.

I used to have it on video. Seen it about 10 times.

I did see to play the king on alibi or some such channel about a year ago.

Top find - ta.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                One minor annoyance is that they’ve been incredibly careful to avoid letting any street name signs in shot, so I haven’t been able to work out where any of the UK locations are.
                Which is something that cheeses me off about the Sweeney and Professionals. Some places I can recognize. But I would love to see how places have changed in 40+ years.

Comment

Morning all

Private Brillo reporting for drivel duty....

Comment

Yesterday was a bad day. I can usually tell when I am upset. I actually respond to sasguru's nonsense. Which is always unsatifying as its like taking candy from a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Yesterday was a bad day. I can usually tell when I am upset. I actually respond to sasguru's nonsense. Which is always unsatifying as its like taking candy from a baby.
                      I feel better today. And now he has f**ked off I feel great!

Comment

Working...
                      X