• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey, dry, 8°C out, as has become traditional

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Depressing.
      WDrSS.

Walk walked.

Having not seen a soul all morning, just as I was about to whip out the todger & take a slash in the stream at the viewless point, two chaps appeared, all garbed in fluorescent blue, fortunately progressing in the opposite direction, so I waited until they'd pissed off down the hill before relieving the pressure on my bladder.

"Repaired" the steps a bit more, though "repaired" is a bit of an exaggeration if truth be told.

More like filling the holes made by last month's descending river so the steps aren't quite so high.

Beef it is aroasting, rice pud it is a cooking.

Managed to remember this week.

The pud has a touch of that unrefined sugar in it to see what difference it makes to the flavour, if any.

The added dirt ought to do sommat.

In other news, you can fit 2kg of sugar into a 2 litre icecream carton.

Well there's a thing.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Tonight’s first movie special was a rewatch of Predator (1987), as it’s been upgraded to 4K since I last watched it nearly three years ago. As I’ve said before, it’s OK but it’s no Alien; in particular, a bunch of the macho soldier stuff seems more like a twelve-year-old boy’s idea of how soldiers talk and act, nowadays. But the effects hold up pretty well. Not sure I’ll ever bother watching it again though
          I always enjoyed the AvP films more.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Beef it is aroasting, rice pud it is a cooking.
            Beef was ok, overcooked the pud but it was reasonably ok.

Must have been since it's All Gone.

Didn't notice much difference with the moscado sugar, maybe I'll try it again next week.

Comment

Stroll to Curley High Point. Dodged the runners. London City clearly visible from viewpoint.

Afternoon of cricket from Newlands.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I always enjoyed the AvP films more.
                I haven’t seen any of them. Better add them to the list

Comment

Just as well I walked the walk this morning coz it's been a pretty dire afternoon in a direly dire sort of way, drizzle++.

Now debating what to have for tea.

The house got vacced this morning.

The Freecell score was 92% this afternoon with the running average stuck solidly at 82%.

I suppose it'll eventually get to 83%.

Once I've won a couple of thousand more games.

Not terribly keen on the Alien or AVP films.

Dunno why.

Of the four, I prefer Alien 2 coz it's kickass.

Comment

Evening all.

Last day of freedom before heading back to client co. offices tomorrow. Technically I have doe a couple of days WFH over the break but not had to go one site.

Trying the veggie thing for a month, since not drinking beer wasn't really going to happen. On which note, just returned from an afternoons able around the local hostelries with MrsB and Dog. Now vegetating while dinner cooks.

Spinach and ricotta filo pie with a greek salad.

OK, only the pie is cooking but the salad has been prepared as well.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Just popped up to the Co-op for some bits. They had none of them

Of course, I ended up buying some other stuff while I was there, as one does, which allowed me to work out why one has to queue for so long at the checkouts there, even though when I get to the front I’m dealt with really quickly. It’s because almost every other customer is buying fags or vodka, necessitating rooting around in the closed-door cupboard or the spirit shelf and checking ID, and/or doing something with Lottery tickets and scratchcards, involving much mucking about with the Lottery machine to check tickets, process winnings if any, and (almost always, it seems) exchanging any such winnings for further scratchcards.

If there’s two people on the tills and they both end up with a Lottery customer, the entire process grinds to a halt as they vie for use of the Lottery machine; after which the customer probably also wants twenty Regal

Comment

Working...
                      X