• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the BA first lounge on my way to that Glasgow.

Chatted to the security officer on secondary bag screening while being a good citizen and putting the trays back. Asked HWMBO where his bag was and jokingly said "oh it'll probably go for secondary as it's taking a while". Sure enough, his gets selected!

Oops....

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      The Freecell score today was 89% after some difficult games came up.
      Was it 31465?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        In the BA first lounge on my way to that Glasgow.

Chatted to the security officer on secondary bag screening while being a good citizen and putting the trays back. Asked HWMBO where his bag was and jokingly said "oh it'll probably go for secondary as it's taking a while". Sure enough, his gets selected!

Oops....
        I was travelling through Milan with a colleague and my bag was slower than his. He said "you have a bomb in there or something?"

I told him to shut up immediately....

Comment

Why is BR14 lurking?

Comment

dinner has been chicken jalfrezi, in a welcome return to normalcy after the artificial bonhomie and commercial bulltulip of the season.
            with a smattering of anachronistic religious crap.
            and a nice rioja

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              dinner has been chicken jalfrezi
              Same here, with the usual bits. Very nice

Comment

Sodding AWS documentation

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Sodding AWS documentation
                  Can say the exact same thing about MS - just spent 50 minutes hunting for how to do something - can't be done via webapi - I need s and t but with the webapi can have either x,y and z or absolutely everything - so I'm going to have to pull everything back and iterate through the results to identify the 3 records I need.

Earlier today a different piece of webapi was returning 370+ results - it should only have been 46 but the filters are completely undocumented.
                  Last edited by eek; 2 January 2020, 22:53.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Following on from the rather tedious Xmas Grime prog on 5, for some odd reason I'm watching a little known space opera known as "2001".

It's a bit fecking slow.

In fact I'm going to bed shortly so the remaining hour or so will have to wait until tomorrow.

Amazing how much of this I've forgotten.

The level of technology indicates it must be an alternate reality.

The only thing that correlates with this one is the flat panel display.

We haven't got to the pod bay doors yet.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Can say the exact same thing about MS - just spent 50 minutes hunting for how to do something - can't be done via webapi - I need s and t but with the webapi can have either x,y and z or absolutely everything - so I'm going to have to pull everything back and iterate through the results to identify the 3 records I need.

Earlier today a different piece of webapi was returning 370+ results - it should only have been 46 but the filters are completely undocumented.
                      Similar nonsense with AWS Opsworks. The various things you need to know to use app deployment (which is the entire point of the thing) are scattered around about five different places in the docs and in a bit of example code you have to download and unzip, and the one link in the place where you’d first look is to an old doc for Chef 11, which is completely irrelevant as they changed the way everything works for Chef 12.

And once you finally get it sorted out, you discover that the only way to pass the name of an S3 object to be deployed is as an S3 URL, but the Ruby SDK for AWS only allows you to access such an object by bucket and object name, so you have to parse the URL (which could be in either the current or the legacy format) to get those out

Comment

Working...
                      X