• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not raining right now, but looks like it could start again any second, and the clouds are coming from the east (or maybe ENE).

Project manager has booked a meeting for 5.15pm today. I've accepted it, but only to make sure no one puts my name against doing more work.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Mundane laundry is on

And an emergency bag of crisps (plain) is being consumed, lunch having not been as filling as it might have been
      Thank you - you reminded me that I had bought some 'Flamin Hot' jumbo wotsits and they did a perfect job as an afternoon snack.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I realised that I never got around to fitting a CD/DVD drive to my office desktop PC (I only bought it 5 or so years ago) and so used some of my billable time to dig in my box of bits for said drive and a cable.

With the PC still running, I took the cover off to do a recce for a spare power cable. Such a cable was found but would require a few things to be moved about.

I was on the cusp of powering down to jiggle things about a bit when I thought to check where I'd need to route the cable twixt CD/DVD drive and the motherboard. Turns out I don't have any bazillion pin ATA connections, just those new-fangled SATA ones.

Maybe that's why I never fitted it all those years ago...
        Married

Comment

There appears to be a mild moistening of the ground. Still reasonably bright out though.
          The mild moistening has given way to more enthusiastic precipitation.

Comment

The mild moistening has given way to more enthusiastic precipitation.
            So I've been told many times....
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              So I've been told many times....

so your wife has shared the videos of our trysts?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Freecell score: 100% today , Running average: 83% (83.1%!).
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Married

Comment

Weather: pissing down, with solid lumps by the sounds of it.

Tea: Tesco breaded chunky haddock, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X